Socorro water temperature

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Luca Brasi

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Have the water temperatures changed much over the last couple of years? Going to Soccoro during end of march. I’m wondering about wetsuit thickness and water conditions

Have the water temperatures changed much over the last couple of years? Going to Soccoro during end of march. I’m wondering about wetsuit thickness and water conditions
According to the Captain's Noon Report for the Nautilus Belle Amie on March 7 at Cabo Pearce the water temps were 23 C.

According to my dive computer, on 3/16 at Socorro/Ponta Toscana the water temperature at a depth of 90 feet/30 meters was 75F/24C. I was cool but comfortable in a full 5mm wetsuit.

Thanks, I always wondered why they dive that site. I never enjoyed it much. Which boat?

I was there two weeks ago. In some places, the water surface temperature was 75 F, but the water at depth was 72 F. There were also thermoclines that felt freezing at depth here and there.

I went in February a few years ago, temps in the Cabo area were 71-72 but out near Socorro, it was more like 75-76. wore a 5mm with no problems.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom