Software update Galileo 1.6 for TRIMIX?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rongen

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
:dork2: Did anyone notice that in all silence Uwatec posted a new update of the Galileo software (version 1.6 instead of the 1.5, which was needed for apnea) on the sites of several countries? see www.scubapo.com > change region> Europe> United Kingdom /Italy/ France etc..

I haven't tried it yet but I think it is the update version needed to install the imminent TRIMIX software or IS it the trimix version?

Maybe tomorrow I can tell more.

Just uploaded the new 1.6 firmware, but it's not yet the Trimix version, :no: , just most probable only the necessary update for it, and supposedly it has an improved PDIS calculation.

So still looking out for the TRIMIX. :depressed:

Hi,

I just checked with customer support from Uwatec: This SW update is preparing the unit for the Trimix update. They will update the links for all regions on their webpage.

kind regards
RolMar

hmm I have PMG on my wifes Luna it only has SW version 1.5. I wonder what is really with 1.6, either way I've given up on the trimix upgrade. I purchased a galileo Sol all those years ago as I was lead to believe trimix "was just around the corner"...yeah right.

Anyone out there looking for a tech computer would be better of looking a tech computer, some real good ones out there. Me, well, after having had to send mine back to the shop twice as it just "crapped" out twice during I dive, I would never let a computer run a dive. For tech dives, a good plan, galileo in gauge mode and a backup BT is my weapon of choice that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy at depth and deco

The Trimix upgrade is still in Beta Testing. It could be right around the corner, or could be many years away.

I've bought an OSTC Mk2

I visited a shop in Smyrna, GA today that carries Uwatec and is also a beta site for the Trimix. He said it was working great (then went on to extol the customer service of ScubaPro - Uwatec, etc., etc.) I didn't ask him questions beyond that because I'm not Trimix certified and would have been wasting his time with stupid questions.

Back
Top Bottom