Some Lionfish news

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Um guys, even though it is rather bad form to not credit the source of a post, isn't the important thing here to bring awareness to the Lionfish problem? I mean that is the whole point behind the Lionfish Eradication thread right?

Slamming and name calling isn't going to help the cause...

Plagiarism is pretty serious stuff. A lot of people have put in good work, and blatant plagiarism like this helps neither cause, nor ScubaBoard's reputation.

We saw about 10 at Blackie's Reef last night. Caught 4 & swapped them for some peanuts with the barmaids at the Mango Tree.

Um guys, even though it is rather bad form to not credit the source of a post, isn't the important thing here to bring awareness to the Lionfish problem? I mean that is the whole point behind the Lionfish Eradication thread right?

Slamming and name calling isn't going to help the cause...

No slamming from me. He could have just made a link to the post rather than copying and pasting. I agree that the message is important, just bad form to copy someone's work and claim it as their own. I'm a teacher, I frown on copying. :idk:

Plagiarism is pretty serious stuff. A lot of people have put in good work, and blatant plagiarism like this helps neither cause, nor ScubaBoard's reputation.

No slamming from me. He could have just made a link to the post rather than copying and pasting. I agree that the message is important, just bad form to copy someone's work and claim it as their own. I'm a teacher, i frown on copying. :idk:

Agreed, but once it's been pointed out, running it into the ground and taking the focus off of the lionfish is counter productive. There is a reason why we have this button:
report.gif

Agreed, but once it's been pointed out, running it into the ground and taking the focus off of the lionfish is counter productive. There is a reason why we have this button:
report.gif

I have possibly hit the report button once in my time here on Scubaboard. I wouldn't do it on something as trivial as this. Back to the message.

A couple posts by various people is running it into the ground? Now that makes ZERO sense. But thanks for the lesson on the report button :thumb:

report.gif

Go to Rum point and get that little lionfish hiding in the little reef line among the snorkelers here:
Image224copy.jpg

We've seen a small one in the rock/reef line by the snorkelers more than once

On it! I never even bother snorkeling there as my usually haunts are the coral garden (where I have seen them) and the reef. Will check out if the critter is still there next visit and take the necessary steps.

Don't suppose you reported it to the DoE or to Red Sail?

InN order to get a license for a spear in the Cayman Islands you really need to be a native, otherwise you have little chance.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom