Something to think about.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't think the chances of you getting shot are very high. The example you gave was a freak accident. They happen but not that often. If you use a sausage, you decrease that chance by another great margin. Sure, you could still get shot but I wouldn't let it keep me out of the water. If you're really worried about it, buy a yellow hood or something especially recognizable for when your head surfaces. Or, you could always get Bridget Bardot to stand guard. Actually, scrap that last one. The sealers would probably bazooka you for that one.

jiveturkey:
I don't think the chances of you getting shot are very high. The example you gave was a freak accident. They happen but not that often. If you use a sausage, you decrease that chance by another great margin. Sure, you could still get shot but I wouldn't let it keep me out of the water. If you're really worried about it, buy a yellow hood or something especially recognizable for when your head surfaces. Or, you could always get Bridget Bardot to stand guard. Actually, scrap that last one. The sealers would probably bazooka you for that one.

Yes, the example I gave was a freak accident, but freak accidents happen all the time...it's only the rare frequency at which they happen in one particular area that makes them freak, don't forget. People are getting shot and killed in various ways everyday, in freak acccidents, no less.
There are a lot of sealers in one area where I dive. I remember living in one community, and on Saturday morning I could almost swear I was living in a war zone. It only takes the one moron. But, you're right. Colour is the best defense. And I think you're on to something re: Bridget Bardot...although Paul and Heather would be even better. :D

DivetheRock:
Paul and Heather would be even better. :D

I would have suggested Paul but the man did create The White Album so he gets a pass.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom