Question Sony 16-35 lenses in Nauticam recommendation?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aport68

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi divers -- I am trying to configure a Nauticam housing with a Sony 16-35mm zoom. I am using the A7CR camera and a several options exist. However, the two options I am leaning toward are the F4 PZ or the new GMII. As many of you know, the GM is almost twice the cost of the PZ.

Please let me know your thoughts as well as recommendations on which ports to use? Any insight is truly appreciated. Thanks!!

I do not own any of the two lenses, but use the Tamron 17-28mm and Sony 20-70mm with Zen DP170 on A7R5...

For UW use the f4.0 should be better usable than the f2.8 version, usually the smaller diameter, slower, lenses perform better behind a domeport than the fast. large diameter lenses. Here is also a review of the f4 PZ version by Phil Rudin: Sony FE 16-35mm zoom as an underwater lens
He says he prefers it UW over the f2.8 version...

Surprisingly, Nauticam recommends the 230mm dome for the 16-35mm f2.8 GM II lens and the 250mm dome for the 16-35mm f4 lens: Sony FE 16-35mm zoom as an underwater lens

Check out the reviews in UWPMAG, I think a 170/180mm dome is probably enough for the f4 lens...

Wolfgang

Back
Top Bottom