Sony RX-100 Thailand, Andaman Sea

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stivan

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Even it was maybe the worst scuba holiday i ever made,
i could take some nice shots, not that many, but a few....
In Lembeh or Komodo there was much more too see in 1-2 days than in Thailand in 29 dives....:shocked2:

Shots are crobbed and downsized to 1920x1280, little postwork with the jpgs´
housing was the ikelite, only internal flash, no lens added

enjoy (specially the first nemo shot....:))

Some really nice shots, especially Nemo.

Some good shots there, just a little critique though, photoshop out the minor bits of backscatter in some of your shots.

Wow...I am impressed! This may have helped sway me towards an RX100. It seems I may not have to rush into buying a wide angle and close up lenses in order to get some pretty decent shots. It would be nice to spread the expense over a bit of time.

Your nudibranch photos seem to defy the fact most people say this camera has poor macro performance. Have they been cropped a lot? Again I am curious because it may mean I don't have to spend money on close up lenses straight away. (I think I would go for one of the flip style holders)

Wow...I am impressed! This may have helped sway me towards an RX100. It seems I may not have to rush into buying a wide angle and close up lenses in order to get some pretty decent shots. It would be nice to spread the expense over a bit of time.

Your nudibranch photos seem to defy the fact most people say this camera has poor macro performance. Have they been cropped a lot? Again I am curious because it may mean I don't have to spend money on close up lenses straight away. (I think I would go for one of the flip style holders)

The shots are cropped the RX100 is pretty poor at close range due to larger sensor size and poor focus ability

Consider that a lens is not just used to expand field of view but also to correct the optical aberration that the water creates to the camera and housing flat port those are not apparent at telephoto end but are evident at wide end

With other cameras you may think about a wet dome, nauticam makes one but considering the RX100 has a 28mm lens that is not so wide it is well worth buying right away a diopter and a wide angle lens

Here some video-links for the RX100:

File-Upload.net - 00008.MTS

---> night dive, increased ISO settings during recording - orig file ooc

File-Upload.net - 00048.MTS

---> taken 20 minutes before sunset, depth around 15 meters - orig file ooc

File-Upload.net - 00017.avi

---> one of the few dives with better visability and sun around 8-10 meters - avi conversion/cut due to file size

all files around 100 mb in size

Watched the last one very good nice blue did you white balance?
There seem to be quite a few clipped highlights not sure how you were shooting but the RX100 as got a bit that problem I found out myself

I put the WB on A7 and M7 (see att. file) in AWB menu and some slight adjusments when converting to AVI.
Unfortunately i did not spent so much attention in finding best setting for the videos, also the moments were something attractive happens in front of the camera rare...

Attachments

• DSCF6906.jpg
    DSCF6906.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 194

Back
Top Bottom