Sopranos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Happened to like the episode a lot last night, probably more than the opener. Pretty gut-wrenching stuff in the scene where Carmela was talking to comatose Tony. The dream sequences can be good or bad but I thought it was quite interesting in this case... btw my friend and I were arguing, maybe someone can add their input... I was almost positive that the voice on the phone of Tony's wife in the dream was Charmaine Bucco, going along with the whole theme of dreaming how his life could've turned out. My friend wasn't so sure though... someone help us out here if you can, lol.

Inconclusive, but it was not Carmela. I definitely saw a "what could have been" theme running in the dream sequences. Maybe there will have to be some sort of internal problem that Tony has to solve before he can wake up, maybe finding his missing wallet will be finding his true self or something like that.

SamDiver14:
Inconclusive, but it was not Carmela. I definitely saw a "what could have been" theme running in the dream sequences. Maybe there will have to be some sort of internal problem that Tony has to solve before he can wake up, maybe finding his missing wallet will be finding his true self or something like that.

Those are my thoughts too...

It is just as AJ said sort of ironic and sad that his own uncle Junior would be the one to shoot and possibly kill him!

Jamdiver:
It is just as AJ said sort of ironic and sad that his own uncle Junior would be the one to shoot and possibly kill him!

Well he put the hit out on him back in season one so maybe now I guess he was just trying to finish the job...

But seriously, I don't think I've ever seen a scarier facial expression than the one Uncle Jun had during the shooting.

What about his conversation with his lawyer and the D.A.(??), they were trying to establish whether Junior was in his right mind or not, if he was faking it he was VERY convincing. That dude has lost his marbles no doubt. But if it was intentional Junior had bad timing. Did you guys here the discussion at the funeral about what to do with Junior? I mean there is no way he is going to get out of this one, either with the law or with the Family. If he was cognizant, shooting Tony cut his own throat.

He was definitely mentally incapable when he shot Tony, it wasn't intentional. I was just joking by saying he wanted to finish the job. Thinking about it more actually I think Jun thought Tony was that Pussy Malanga (sp?) that he kept talking about, who has been dead for 6 years or whatever. What he said as he was shooting him sounded like something Italian that inluded "Malanga" (maybe "Die Malanga" in Italian). Either way, if I were Jun I would probably want to be dead anyway rather than live with dementia like that.

Brilliant episode last night, anyone happen to catch it? I love how the meaning and symbolism of the dream finally came into focus... one of those episodes that makes you want to go back and watch all the previous ones again.

I thought it was interesting that he encounted "Tony Blundetto" (Steve Buscemi) in his dream.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom