soufriere saint lucia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Florida1

New
Reaction score
Any comments about staying at La Haut, just outside of Soufriere in Saint Lucia. I am concerned about cost and availability of food, since the major hotels look outrageously expensive. Can anyone comment on the restaurants and grocery store near there?

Any comments about dive shops operating near Soufriere? I am considering the dive shop of the Still Plantation and Beach Resort, but would consider others. Wondering about how many divers they put on each boat.

Does anyone have a favorite waterfall or hot spring for swimming?

I am also considering going to the Maria Islands with Trim Tours. What kind of life is there under water near the Maria Islands?

In general, we are looking to be away from big city life, meaning avoiding overcrowded cruise ship excursions, long lines, etc. Off the beaten path excursions would be better for us.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Many, many thanks!

I dove with Dive Fair Helen when in St. Lucia. Very positive experience and I would definitely recommend them. They are based more on the north side of the island but we did stop in Soufriere and do a lot of diving in that area.

The owner is a St. Lucian born naturalist who is passionate about his homeland and the creatures underneath the beautiful blue waters

Personally I really enjoyed Super Man's Flight which was my first drift dive and quite an experience!

We dove with the Anse Chastanet dive op. They are based two minutes north of Soufriere and right at the resort. Highly recommended. Very professional. As Schnitzer indicated Superman's Flight is pretty cool. It was also my first drift dive and was a lot of fun.

We are in St. Lucia the end of April and will be staying near Soufriere. We plan on diving with Scuba St. Lucia which is based at Anse Chastenet, just because they are closest. I think all the dive ops on the island have the larger cattle boats, I couldn't find any six pack operations, unfortunately.
When are you going to be there?
I haven't heard of Maria Island or Trim Tours, but would be interested in hearing about them.

Thanks for all the feedback! Here's the website for tours of Maria Islands. http://www.trimtours.com/

We will be there from April 21-26, staying at La Haut. I have put my boyfriend in charge of arranging dives. We are leaning towards the dive shop at the Still Beach Resort and Plantation on the advice of a friend. I will be sure to report how it goes.

We will be down from April 23rd through May 1st and staying at the Stonefield Estates right outside of Soufriere. I've heard that most of the resorts use one of the 4 or 5 dive shops on the island for their guests.
Stonefield offers a dive package, but it is through Scuba St. Lucia and they add a commission for themselves, so we are going to book directly through the shop. Does Still Beach Resort and Plantation have their own shop or do they utilize one of the major dive shops on the island. I'd be interested to find a smaller dive op if they are there.
Thanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom