South Florida Shark Sightings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I saw two bulls and a lemon shark on the same dive while on the Juno Ludge this past Sunday. Unusually poor visibility that day probaly explains the sightings. Most I have seen in a while unless lemon's were aggregating...

Every other time I see reefies at Molasses

Get in your car and drive 90 miles +/- and dive Jupiter.

Request the following sites:

Area 51
Tunnels
Captain Mikes

You have a better than 80% chance of seeing sharks on any of those sites, especially in the winter.

I live in Miami and dive there frequently, so there is always a chance of a sighting, but for the best odds, its Jupiter hands down, at the sites mentioned above.

See more Bullsharks than I care too off the beach here in Fort Pierce. I second the Jupiter dive for sharks. I can not remember the last time I dove there and DID NOT see at least one.

TO really get the shark encounter call and ask when they are having a thre tank spear trip on Blue Tang. The best thing is if you are NOT spearing and everyone else is. The sharks swim toward you.. confirm you are not living a bloody fish trail and then swim toward the spearos. I have had a great time diving like this.

I say take a trip to North Carolina, dive with Oylmpus, on the Spar and you will see sharks! Lots of them, Sand Tigers. I make two to three trips a year and when we get out the diving is awesome!

Yeah, you also get they rare GW on the Spar. It is a really good dive.:D

Well it's official... I am going to Jupiter every weekend until I see one.

crd kats... I am soooo jealous. I am surprised I have not seen a shark yet, but seeing a Manta is my lifelong underwater goal (just in case anyone else wants to brag my on land goal is to see a panther in the wild).

I've seen a decent sized reef shark in key west (my avatar) along with a few nurse sharks.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom