South Red Sea LOB

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Some friends said that "we must go to St John's & Rocky, because it's the best of red sea." that's why we are considering the deep south route in the beginning, not brothers. What can we get in St John's & Rocky vs. brothers?

How about other big fishes? Manta, school of barracuda, Marlin, Dolphin...? where will we get most?

they are also mentioned there is a "dolphin reef" in the way to deep south, divers can dive or swin with Dolphin, is that true?

en, it seems I need to choose between brothers & St John's first, even before Elphinstone & Daedalous choice. really hard decision...

St John's has some beautiful walls and coral growth, and I personally like the walls on Rocky, but as an overall trip, particularly when your focus is to see big stuff, I still think you'd be better with Brothers-Daedalous-Elphinstone. I have seen the odd manta at Daedalous, and barracuda turn up there and at the Brothers, but really, it all depends on what decides to grace you with its presence on that particular dive.

If I had one week, I'd go for the Simply the Best trip, but that is just my opinion.

Mark

Has someone ever taken the boat of "Hurricane" from Tornado Marine Fleet before?

tornadomarinefleet.eu/hurricane-guides

Is this boat good? guide, service, food, etc...

MarkUK,

Some agent can offer me the route to cover Daedalous,Elphinstone,Rocky,Zebagard, St. John's. Only Brothers in your recommendation was not covered. Is there too much difference between brothers & Daedalous-Elphinstone?

Some post said it's too crowded in Brothers-Daedalous-Elphinstone. Will May be a busy time for these sites?

I just got back from a trip to the Red Sea. Evidently Oct is prime Oceanic Whitetip season and they probably will not be seen at any other time of year. We did Simply The Best, but the rest of the boat voted not to go to Eliphstone. We were on a German boat, and didn't speak German so we were outvoted. We went to little brother first and ended up doing quite a few dives there due to the weather. It was nice but not six dives worth. We were only able to do one dive at Big Brother and it seems there was much more there than Little Brother. We saw a lone Hammerhead at Daedelus, a Thresher (very deep) and on lone whitetip reef shark.
You really need to be careful about the LOB you choose. We were on the Diver's Heaven Saphire boat and they were very safety conscious. However, there were lots of other boats there and I can't say that many of them had safety concerns in mind.

Too bad you didn't go there, because there were Oceanics at Elphinstone this week, up close and personal.

Shark.jpg

We did get to swim with the oceanics at Daedelus. There were about 4 different sharks that swam under the boat with us. It was just very upsetting to think we were on one itinerary and then be told "no, we're not going there" in a language you don't understand. Oh well - you live and learn.

I totally understand that you got upset. If they advertised the trip as "simply the best" and then some of the guests talked the crew out of going to one of the advertised destinations, just becuase they didn't want to go there (probably because they had already been there), that is not ok. Don't know if it's any comfort, but Brothers and Deadalus usually offer better diving than Elphinstone. But I you want to find out for yourself...

/christian

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom