Southern Carib. Cruise

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

skogler

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Anyone have any comments on Diving in Barbados or St. Lucia, or Antigua.
We are diving there in June.

Thanks,

Scott

In Barbados, it is possible to get in a couple of dives while the cruise ship is in port. We were able to do the Stavronikita wreck. I'm not sure about St. Lucia.

Ditto on Barbados. Try "The Dive Shop LTD" E-mail:hardive@caribnet.net or 1-888-898-DIVE. Been a couple of years I guess they are still there. They even picked me up from the cruiseline dock and dropped me off at the end of the day. They are a very local shop and knew the island well.

Never dove the others, but another instructor from my dive shop recently went on his honeymoon to St. Lucia and said the diving was great.

We dove with West Side Scuba in Barbados last September. It was only a Discover Scuba through the ship, but the guys at the shop were great.

We are planning to dive those exact same islands on our Princess Cruise the first week of November. Please post and let us know what you found and how it went. Thanks!

changinlat:
We are planning to dive those exact same islands on our Princess Cruise the first week of November. Please post and let us know what you found and how it went. Thanks!

I echo the recommendation of The Dive Shop in Barbados. Haroon is good to work with from a cruise ship. But my biggest recommendation is don't miss St. Lucia. Terrific diving and a beautiful island. I like Scuba St. Lucia (the shop for Anse Chastanet) or Frog's Diving.

For Antigua, it's a beautiful island, but I'm not impressed with the diving. Do a shore tour and enjoy the town :wink: Don't miss Hemmingway's for lunch. Great flying fish and pina coladas.

-Amber

Just returned from St. Thomas, St. Lucia, and Barbados. We had great service from Coki Beach Dive Shop in St. Thomas. It is a beach dive though. I like that spot because the reef is only 50yds off the beach.

St. Lucia was a beautiful place to dive. The shop at the Anse Chastenet hotel was very organized for the diving. The main problem was; We were supposed to dive a beach dive followed by lunch and then a boat dive. We instead dove back to back after an hour surface interval. No one brought any food for the interval. We were told we would be eating a buffet at the hotel. Instead they shuttled us to a different location for the lunch(now at about 2:30pm) and the meal was cooked for us to be there at noon. The Dive shop was fine but the tour organizer was terrible.

Finally we dove with West Coast Scuba in Barbados and it was great. Great staff and great diving. Very organized and efficient.

I booked Coki Beach independent and the St. Lucia and Barbados dive trips were booked through Royal Caribbean.

If you need any more information, let me know.

Scott

We contacted The Dive Shop, Ltd in Barbados, but they are booked the day we are stopping there. Right now it looks like we are going to book with Dive Barbados. I'm slightly hesitant because they want a 20% deposit that they charge as a cancellation fee. I'm absolutely not one to book, then cancel, but we're at the mercy of the cruise line. I understand deposits, but I guess I'm just spoiled by the operators we've used in Coz and GC.

Anyone have any other suggestions before I book with Dive Barbados? Thanks.

BurBunny:

For Antigua, it's a beautiful island, but I'm not impressed with the diving. Do a shore tour and enjoy the town :wink: Don't miss Hemmingway's for lunch. Great flying fish and pina coladas.

-Amber

Where did you dive when you were in Antigua ?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom