SP Razor?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Redleg02

Registered
Reaction score
Hello all.
I have a pair or SP Twin Jets, and I'd like to try a solid blade fin. I don't want to order anything without being able to try it on, and my LDS only has two solid blade fins, the SP Razor and the Mares Avanti. They also have the Mares Volo Powers, but those are more that i want to par right now. I was thinking about the Razor, and wanted to get your opinion on them. Thanks.

I have the Razors.

I bought them on the recomendations of another so I know I'm not the only one out there who likes them. They didn't do so well in a recent Magazine review (forget which mag) but I think they work great. I have used them here in Mass as well as in Cozumel and in both diving applications they performed nicely. The price was certainly right. I have experienced some calf cramping but I can't rule out the fact that I'm an out of shape slob as the cause of that problem.

Are the Mares Avanti, the Quattros, or the regular Avanti? It will ultimately boil down to price and comfort. But if you can get a hold of a pair of SP Jetfins, go with them.

I prefer Jet Fins above all others, including every split fin I've tried, but the Plana Avanti and Avanti Quattro are nice fins too. I have not used the Razors personally.

Back
Top Bottom