Spam sent to my @scubaboard.com e-mail address

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DebbyDiver

Livin' the dream
ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
This has never happened to me before (to my recollection), I'm just reporting it in case it becomes a trend. Has anyone else seen this happen? I don't even use my @scubaboard.com e-mail addy, but rare e-mails from it show up in my pop mail on Yahoo.

I received this today:

From pop_server."*****@scubaboard.com"@mail.scubaboard.com Mon Feb 20 06:49:38 2012
Received: from mail.scubaboard.com by web65901.mail.ac4.yahoo.com with YMEXTPOP; Mon, 20 Feb 2012 06:49:38 PST
DomainKey-Status: no signature
X-Spam-Flag: YES
X-Spam-Checker-Version: SpamAssassin 3.2.5 (2008-06-10) on sb400.scubaboard.com
X-Spam-Level: ******************
X-Spam-Status: Yes, score=18.2 required=6.0 tests=FH_HELO_EQ_D_D_D_D,
HELO_DYNAMIC_DHCP,HELO_DYNAMIC_IPADDR,RCVD_ILLEGAL_IP,RCVD_IN_BL_SPAMCOP_NET,
RCVD_IN_PBL,RCVD_IN_SORBS_DUL,RCVD_IN_XBL,RDNS_DYNAMIC,STOX_REPLY_TYPE,
TVD_FINGER_02 autolearn=spam version=3.2.5
X-Spam-Report:
* 0.5 RCVD_IN_PBL RBL: Received via a relay in Spamhaus PBL
* [24.211.94.168 listed in zen.spamhaus.org]
* 2.9 RCVD_IN_XBL RBL: Received via a relay in Spamhaus XBL
* 0.0 STOX_REPLY_TYPE STOX_REPLY_TYPE
* 2.7 TVD_FINGER_02 TVD_FINGER_02
* 1.5 HELO_DYNAMIC_DHCP Relay HELO'd using suspicious hostname (DHCP)
* 0.5 FH_HELO_EQ_D_D_D_D Helo is d-d-d-d
* 2.9 HELO_DYNAMIC_IPADDR Relay HELO'd using suspicious hostname (IP addr
* 1)
* 3.2 RCVD_ILLEGAL_IP Received: contains illegal IP address
* 2.2 RCVD_IN_BL_SPAMCOP_NET RBL: Received via a relay in bl.spamcop.net
* [Blocked - see <http://www.spamcop.net/bl.shtml?24.211.94.168>]
* 1.6 RCVD_IN_SORBS_DUL RBL: SORBS: sent directly from dynamic IP address
* [24.211.94.168 listed in dnsbl.sorbs.net]
* 0.1 RDNS_DYNAMIC Delivered to trusted network by host with
* dynamic-looking rDNS
Received: (qmail 28890 invoked from network); 18 Feb 2012 04:36:01 -0500
Received-SPF: none (no valid SPF record)
Received: from cpe-024-211-094-168.sc.res.rr.com (24.211.94.168)
by 209.208.9.150 with SMTP; 18 Feb 2012 04:36:01 -0500
Received: from unknown (HELO qf4g) ([231.28.54.99])
by cpe-024-211-094-168.sc.res.rr.com with ESMTP; Sat, 18 Feb 2012 04:39:52 -0500
Message-ID: <001101ccee20$b8003fd0$e71c3663@xpqf4g>
To: <*****@scubaboard.com>
Subject: *****SPAM***** Major Uptrend Ahead
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2012 04:26:09 -0500
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain;
format=flowed;
charset="windows-1252";
reply-type=original
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Mailer: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.2180
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.2180
X-Spam-Prev-Subject: Major Uptrend Ahead
Content-Length: 1121

CFEC_D.O_B YET? DO IT!

'Strong support from the government coupled with increasing globalization has led to rapid and consistent growth in China's education sector. The government has opened up the sector to private players and is providing substantial support to improve the quality of non-public funded education.'

*It spells Multi-Billion pay day for CFEC_D.O_B that is currently trading under 5 cents and projected to be traded at 1.50 in next two weeks!

-CFEC_D.O_B is a new New Oriental in the making! New Oriental Education & Techno trading at 20 times forward earnings!

BUY CFEC_D.O_B AS SOON AS THE MARKETS OPEN AND GET YOURSELF PAID TONS OF MONEY IN THE NEXT 2 WEEKS!

OUR PROVISION TO OUR READERS: Announcements in this newscast proclamation contain forward-looking statements for the purposes of appropriate securities protocols. We depend that you should further your research on credible news sites as well the S.E.C's website for detailed material on this and any other public company. To unsubscribe from future email alerts, please reply back with the 'remove me' in the subject line.

Hi Debby,

Would you like assistance with this? would you like instructions for changing spam filter actions?

There is a scubaboard.com email address available?

Yes. You received instructions when you paid your supporting membership.

This has never happened to me before (to my recollection), I'm just reporting it in case it becomes a trend. Has anyone else seen this happen? I don't even use my @scubaboard.com e-mail addy, but rare e-mails from it show up in my pop mail on Yahoo.

I received this today:.

based on the above in red bold..... might I suggest :

:thumb: Problem solved:

delete-key1.jpg

I think you should invest Debbie. Sounds like a stock that is about to take off :thumb:

Hi Debby,

Would you like assistance with this? would you like instructions for changing spam filter actions?
No, I don't. I am just letting you know in case you see a trend with this. Was no problem for me.

based on the above in red bold..... might I suggest :

:thumb: Problem solved:

delete-key1.jpg
Already done, Mike. Again...was just letting them know, it's not a problem for me; could be a problem for SB if someone is spamming members.

I think you should invest Debbie. Sounds like a stock that is about to take off :thumb:
Thanks, Stiev! Go ahead and invest in it and let us know in six months how you do with it. :thumb:

D'ah....wodka and all. I might have to sell off some Enron to reinvest.

No, I don't. I am just letting you know in case you see a trend with this. Was no problem for me.

Oh well... SPAM happens.

Since you posted this in site support, it would be logical to ask if you wanted support. Since there is no problem, or need for support, I am marking this case as closed. If you would like, I can move this to an appropriate forum (like feedback) where people can opine about spam.

My advice to you or to others who do receive spam emails is to check your spam filter on your email client, or within the webmail application to delete these messages before you are so inclined to report them to us, since quite frankly, there's not much to do about spam... it will happen.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom