Spearfishing stripers in Mass.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

To the best of my knowledge spearing stripers is illegal. Unless you are talking about some new legislation to make it legal, but even then you'd best make sure it's of legal size before you pull the trigger. It's kind of hard to catch and release once you've put a shaft thru the fish.

Real fast way to meet the Environmental Police..of course maybe you want to meet them
:D

You get a friend on the surface and you let him take them out with a line after you have speared and attached them to his hook. :eyebrow:

some one told me that there trying to passis a bill in legislation to make it legal to spear stipers in mass

Seems like scuba and spearfishing takes all the sport out of it. Stripers will let you get basically point blank range. If you're freediving, that's another story, but with scuba, it seems to be just too easy.

Seems like scuba and spearfishing takes all the sport out of it. Stripers will let you get basically point blank range. If you're freediving, that's another story, but with scuba, it seems to be just too easy.

At STB and other places in MA, my brother and I will have one or two stripers following us around. I think they're looking for a cheap meal. Stripers eat smaller lobsters(I prefer the bigger ones), so we think they're hoping to grab a lobster that gets flushed out into the open. I've never seen them eat a lobster, but it explains why stripers follow us while were lobstering.

They will get right up in your grill, though. One time I was elbow deep under a rock, gave up and turned around to find a big striper staring me in the mask. A little unnerving for a second.

LobstaMan

Back
Top Bottom