Spearfishing with Bull Sharks 04-23-09

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Any saftey sausage will work but I use the ones with over pressure relief valves so they don't split on the way to the surface. The sack sounds good but will cause a tremendous amount of drag while trying to swim around with fish in it.

I still have not got tired of that story. I must admit however, I enjoyed it more in person with the body language and facial expressions. No description of a shark can be made properly without facial expressions.

Thanks again.

Man...... You are a wuss. I would have fought that shark.......:D seriously..... OK, maybe not

That was a good read. My buddy's buddy has a boat that we can go spearing from in Florida. He went last year and had some bulls come in on them. Nothing real crazy happened. It will be my first time spearing so it should be hilarious :depressed:

rhan1242l.jpg

J/K :d

It's a good thing this scenario ended with nothing more than a loss of fish and a stringer! I think everyone had a good scare on this one! Bull sharks are a feisty bunch and when they get it in their heads to eat, there isn't much that is going to stop them!

BTW, I agree with Clay...this dive report was awesome to see and hear in person!

Carolyn:shark2:

Last edited:
Things are always better when you can see the fear in someones eyes and the Crackle in there voice. Add a couple of Beers and let the animation begin.....

Nice report. Do you think it was the same bull as earlier? I think I will avoid spearfishing for a while.

Wow Barry!! The long version had my heart pumping as much as the shorter version!! Everytime someone walked up this weekend I asked them if they had heard Barry's shark story and made him tell it over and over. :D

If I had to guess I'd say it was the same Shark that we had seen earlier, but I can't be sure as I did not get a close look at the first one. Although I could probably ID the second shark from a photo line up. He had 5 scratches going from his snout back towards his tail about 5 inches long. If you see this shark give him this message from me: :mooner:

Nice report. Do you think it was the same bull as earlier? I think I will avoid spearfishing for a while.

If I had to guess I'd say it was the same Shark that we had seen earlier, but I can't be sure as I did not get a close look at the first one. Although I could probably ID the second shark from a photo line up. He had 5 scratches going from his snout back towards his tail about 5 inches long. If you see this shark give him this message from me: :mooner:

Probably fingernail marks from the last guy he tried to eat :shocked2:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom