Speargun Target Practice, or neutrally buoyant fruit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

grab the bands and all with one movement pull one while sliding down the shaft you will feel it hit the first notch, then grab the next and all in one movement slide it till it hits the second notch, if you put the first band in the second notch(one closest to you) you will never get the other band in the other notch. if you stop at any time when you start pulling your face will turn purple and you will never get it. remember once you grab the band comit to it and just pull all at once until you hit the notch. also don't spread the band wider when pulling or you will eventually break the wishbone. good luck, Dan

DANM nailed the technique the only thing I would add is that placing the butt stock of your gun (if it has one) in the crease of your upper thigh will allow you to get more reach on the bands. Or if its a shorter gun then you can actually put the gun on your waist band and pull straight down.

sorry forgot the placement of the butt stock

we test guns for our magazine in the pool using a piece of pvc fencing...we have a grid on it and we can put targets printed on waterproof paper behind the grid.

my brother should have some video on the website showing our testing soon.

charlie

Good advice, I have always placed the but of the gun at my waist but think that I am going to try it with my thigh - might get a little extra leverage. Thanks for the post.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom