SPG hose length??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The reason for 24 " and GUE is because hose lengths assume doubles. The spg coming off the left post is a little short for singles and the necklaced back up reg coming off the right is a little long for singles. I eventually dropped the 24 in spg and replaced it with a 26 or 28 for singles. I have since gone back to the 24 clipped off to my plate as my primary SPG is a wireless SOL.

The reason for 24 " and GUE is because hose lengths assume doubles. The spg coming off the left post is a little short for singles and the necklaced back up reg coming off the right is a little long for singles. I eventually dropped the 24 in spg and replaced it with a 26 or 28 for singles. I have since gone back to the 24 clipped off to my plate as my primary SPG is a wireless SOL.

I don't notice any difference in practice between singles and doubles with the 24inch hose. In any case, all the hose lengths are guidelines and can (and should) be adjusted if something genuinely doesn't work. I'd say that in most cases, however, the standard lengths are pretty good for the average person.

I don't notice any difference in practice between singles and doubles with the 24inch hose. In any case, all the hose lengths are guidelines and can (and should) be adjusted if something genuinely doesn't work. I'd say that in most cases, however, the standard lengths are pretty good for the average person.
Not according t my former GUE shop. It was 24 or nothing. And in any case, if you don't see a difference, I say Te salut. I'm 5-11 and kind small but for my gut. There is a huge difference between a 24 and 26 when compared to singles v. doubles.

No. I made rules which were good for me. But thet is fodder for another thread. If you Never mind. H

Anyone with even a little sense can recognize that if you need an extra inch of HP hose, it's ok. It doesn't HAVE to be exactly 24, 24 just happens to work well for most people. This is clearly an instance of a shop employee not knowing what the real deal is or a customer not understanding the employee (unlikely). Now I can understand discouraging someone from buying too long of a hose (like those 36inch HP hoses I see out there), sure. But a couple inches? BS.

Anyone with even a little sense can recognize that if you need an extra inch of HP hose, it's ok. It doesn't HAVE to be exactly 24, 24 just happens to work well for most people. This is clearly an instance of a shop employee not knowing what the real deal is or a customer not understanding the employee (unlikely). Now I can understand discouraging someone from buying too long of a hose (like those 36inch HP hoses I see out there), sure. But a couple inches? BS.
That was my first negative run in with a "DIR" diver. I had recently moved a bpw and was setting it up Hogarthian. I set up my rig with my long spg hose and found a comfortable length for my left hip d-ring. 26. I went to the local GUE shop and asked if they had a 26 inch hp hose. I was sternly told by the manager/instructor that the SPG hose IS 24 inches. I explained I was diving singles. "No. The spg hose is ALWAYS 24 inches". I reasoned if it is right for singles wouldn't it then be longer than needed for doubles.
After he told me for the third time I bought the 24. As I said earlier, I ended up repla

That's a real shame, the guy is probably just parroting something he read on the interwebs. Who was the manager/ instructor? I see you're in Jupiter, I make it down there every once in a while. PM me if you like.

That's a real shame, the guy is probably just parroting something he read on the interwebs. Who was the manager/ instructor? I see you're in Jupiter, I make it down there every once in a while. PM me if you like.
When I first joined this board it was pretty common to hear it had to be 24 inch. Although I'm not GUE trained, I read JJ's book as well as Dressed For Success. PM on the way.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom