Split vs. Regular

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow did this thread get off track. Seems like SOMEONE got caught in a current and forgot their fins!!!

But thank you to those who did give their humble opinion...relating to the topic that is.

THE_AXEL:
People with turtles and crap fins I meen Jet fins always hating on splits with false remarks. Stiffness depends on what fin you use, I use the TUSA EXPERT ZOOM FINS(BLACK, STIFER). I will murder your 2 ton turles or jet fins. I will leave you in my SILT you guys call!! Iowa is assome for diving, You probabbly dive in your pool. So go hate on splits in other threads.

ROFL

Big words for a 16 year old :wink:

Just messing with you....

scuba_frog:
Seems like SOMEONE got caught in a current and forgot their fins!!!
Nah, they just had non-split fins, therefore not enough force to fight the current without getting warn out. :D

CALI68:
If you can dive Monterey you can dive anywhere. :) :)

LOL - a pair of instructor friends of mine were in Monterey a couple weeks back ... they say you guys are soooo spoiled! I really wanna go next time ... :wink:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

THE_AXEL:
People with turtles and crap fins I meen Jet fins always hating on splits with false remarks. Stiffness depends on what fin you use, I use the TUSA EXPERT ZOOM FINS(BLACK, STIFER). I will murder your 2 ton turles or jet fins. I will leave you in my SILT you guys call!! Iowa is assome for diving, You probabbly dive in your pool. So go hate on splits in other threads.

Well, I can believe there would be plenty of silt but...the objective is to not silt.

Get yourselfe a good pair of paddle fins and learn to use your feet and the silt will stay on the bottom where it belongs rather than messing up the vis for every one.

FYI, If you search through the archives, I think you'll find an early post by me where I'm on the other side (pro-split fins) of this argument. Then I got a pair of turtle fins and learned how to kick....

Soggy:
Lots of currents in those quarries, eh Quarrior? :wink: :poke:
Hehe, don't get fooled by the name. I don't only dive in quarries, just mostly.

Had a real good current in Jamaica that should have been a drift dive, but the DM figured he'd just lead with it at first and then against it on the way back to the boat. If I had not been using my SP Twin Speeds, I would have never made it back to the boat. The other two divers were flat exhausted.

When we hit the water and felt the current, we figured we would drift and the boat would come get us. NOT!!!!!!!!!!! Man, all of us let the DM and the Captain hear about it.

GRRRRRRRRR....MAKING ME ANGRY GRRRRRRRRRR.... TURNING ...........BLUE....NEED OXYGEN!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol.........I LOVE ALL OF GODS PPL, SORRY FOR HATING YOU TURTLES AND JET FINS :11: ...........LOL........EVERYONE IS ENTITLED TO THERE OWN OPINION!!!!

P.S. I'M A FAST SWIMMER DON'T NEED PPL TELLING ME HOW TO KICK :wink: COUGH::MIKEFERRARA::COUGH...... Paddle fins..lol...I can swim faster bare footed!!! :crafty: :crafty:

Back
Top Bottom