Spots nearby Brisbane!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

elizaa

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi everyone!

I'm looking for some great diving spots nearby Brisbane as I'm staying here in July

Thought of having a liveaboard trip to GBR or Yongala, but wouldn't have opportunity for that(Im going to work mon-thu)

Flinders reef, Straddie! - manta bommie(though there seems to be no mantas around winter), Byron bay, Wolf rock, HMAS were my findings and I'm planning for maybe 2 day trips or weekend liveaboard(found one called Big cat reality liveaboard that goes around Moreton bay, but not sure whether it'd be better than day trips)

Please help me judge on where to go, I've been struggling with this the whole week!!

Brisbane has some amazing diving, and winter is the best time of year! If you want to dive Moreton Bay, Big Cat Reality is fantastic. Big Cat will usually do a couple of dives of Flinders Reef, and then if conditions are good enough, they try to get to some of the amazing sites on the eastern side of the island. It's well worth the trip, and great value for 8 dives...hands down my favourite diving in the bay at this time of year (if you're partial to liveaboards, I guess).

Otherwise, Flinders is a great day trip. Cook Island, Straddie, HMAS Brisbane, Julian Rocks and Wolf Rock are all great options, and can be done in a day from Brisbane (although it would be a long day to do Wolf Rock...but an easy weekend). I'm not sure of your level of experience, but Wolf Rock is on the advanced side...the others are all beginner friendly.

Dave.

We've just sorted out full gear and tank for hobby diving in Moreton area. Thanks for the lists. I'm keen to check out shore diving off Moreton Island, too. Any luck there?

I will be in Brisbane for a conference for the week of August 11th. Hoping to sneak in a day of diving. Any recommendations on operators that will offer full rental?
TIA

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom