Spring 2013 - Ann Arbor 5?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rich, Are you planning to be at the "Our World Underwater" expo in Feb? if so maybe the majority of interested parties would be interested in planning to make a plan??? I will be there along with some of the wrecking crew but I don't know as yet who is on your list..... just a thought.

Rich, Are you planning to be at the "Our World Underwater" expo in Feb? if so maybe the majority of interested parties would be interested in planning to make a plan??? I will be there along with some of the wrecking crew but I don't know as yet who is on your list..... just a thought.

I will be at "Our World Underwater" to update a few of our service certificates and to rub shoulders with a few of our regional contacts, but we will not have a booth.

For those of you who were inquiring about wreck penetration, I have some good news:

While the lake floor is about 160-165 ft, you can penetrate up to about 180 ft inside the wreck. It is not an often explored spot. Most who dive the Ann Arbor 5 do a quick no-deco dive to the stern, grab a few pictures / video, then call it a day.

[video=youtube;OGX9_S5s3ZI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGX9_S5s3ZI[/video]
Here is some video of the wreck, brought to you by Michigan's own "Michigan Underwater Divers" club.

I'm in. Name the date and I'm there.

Jeff

I finally got a chance to talk to the captain.

He said that March and April are a little sketchy to plan out anything in advance. Due to the air and water temperature, the weather goes foul pretty fast. May is optimum and yields the best chance of a "good weather" dive date.

Pricing, as long as diesel prices remain where they are without any huge increases:
1 dive on the Ann Arbor 5 = $125
2 dives on the Ann Arbor 5 with about about a 2 hour surface interval = ~$150
1 dive on the Ann Arbor 5, 1 dive on the Rockaway = ~$200 (surface interval would be about 1hr30min due to transit time)

He said that March and April are a little sketchy to plan out anything in advance. Due to the air and water temperature, the weather goes foul pretty fast. May is optimum and yields the best chance of a "good weather" dive date.

Pricing, as long as diesel prices remain where they are without any huge increases:
1 dive on the Ann Arbor 5, 1 dive on the Rockaway = ~$200 (surface interval would be about 1hr30min due to transit time)

I have one commitment in May, but otherwise it's clear. I'm fine with either of the 3 options. As long as I'm able to make it, I'll defer to the consensus of the group. I just want to dive the AA5. It looks like an awesome wreck!

My vote would be a double dip on the AA5 but I cannot commit to a weekend until the date is set. I will be able to vote on my available dates at OWU. We will need to make an effort to get together at the show.

My vote would be a double dip on the AA5 but I cannot commit to a weekend until the date is set. I will be able to vote on my available dates at OWU. We will need to make an effort to get together at the show.

I was at OWU last year and not planning on going back this year. That may change, but it's not looking likely at this point. Just keep in mind that many of the folks interested in this charter will almost certainly not be at the show.

I would go for a late May trip. As later would provide the best opportunity for calmer seas, that would be nice with a 2 hour surface interval.

I am interested. PM me or email me when you have worked out a date.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom