SSI Affiliated Facility Aruba

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diver.Jason

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I am a certified SSI & NAUI diver and my wife has a company event that might occur in Aruba in November. I was curious if there was an SSI-affiliated dive shop in Aruba if I decided to take a course. I see tons of Padi and an SDI shop, but nothing from SSI. If there is no SSI shop, would it matter if I took say a wreck diving course from another agency?

Thanks

Of the 6 dive ops I researched for my January Aruba trip, none were SSI. Until I am corrected by someone with more knowledge, from what I've read, dive centers recognize different agency certifications - so unless your taking a more advanced course (in which there may be a few extra things you would have to do) you should be good.

You can take the course. It will not matter until you get on a pro track.

If you only want a basic wreck course then dont worry about it.
If however, you intend to work your way up to an ssi advanced wreck diver for example, you should make sure ssi will recognize another agencies course as a prerequisite. Otherwise you may end up having to take the entry level course again.
One of the above post was correct that many times ssi will recognize other agency courses. But i would double check if you plan on going further. Especially if you eventually want a technical level wreck certification.

If you only want a basic wreck course then dont worry about it.
If however, you intend to work your way up to an ssi advanced wreck diver for example, you should make sure ssi will recognize another agencies course as a prerequisite. Otherwise you may end up having to take the entry level course again.
One of the above post was correct that many times ssi will recognize other agency courses. But i would double check if you plan on going further. Especially if you eventually want a technical level wreck certification.
I am going to see what my local shop\instructor for input. I want something to count, as I go down the SSI rabbit hole. I found one diver center on the SSI page, but the instructor has a hotmail account for an email address so I am not holding my breath.

Appreciate the input. Rather disappointing not to see an SSI footprint there.

Jason

Hi, if you look on your SSI app, then you should be able to see what SSI dive centres are in Aruba. If there are none, then I guess you will have to choose another certifying agency. All courses have equivalency ratings anyway. Good luck with your dives.

I am a certified SSI & NAUI diver and my wife has a company event that might occur in Aruba in November. I was curious if there was an SSI-affiliated dive shop in Aruba if I decided to take a course. I see tons of Padi and an SDI shop, but nothing from SSI. If there is no SSI shop, would it matter if I took say a wreck diving course from another agency?

Thanks
Welcome in Aruba at Aruba Watersafety Insititute check your MySSI app pls. Safe flight. Hendrik Jr.

Thanks
Remember to affiliate to Aruba Watersafety Institute
for us to cater your needs. It is a SSI training centre

I am going to see what my local shop\instructor for input. I want something to count, as I go down the SSI rabbit hole. I found one diver center on the SSI page, but the instructor has a hotmail account for an email address so I am not holding my breath.

Appreciate the input. Rather disappointing not to see an SSI footprint there.

Jason
you are welcome next time hendrik_gabriela@hotmail.com
I don't have a diveshop. I don't need it to take you out diving or certify you. That easy it is here in Aruba. We meet at your lodge aign papers upload them schedule you in and voila take you out diving from shore or by boat during day and nights.
You would like to rent a car though....
C U when you het here
welcome

you are welcome next time hendrik_gabriela@hotmail.com
I don't have a diveshop. I don't need it to take you out diving or certify you. That easy it is here in Aruba. We meet at your lodge aign papers upload them schedule you in and voila take you out diving from shore or by boat during day and nights.
You would like to rent a car though....
C U when you het here
welcome
Thank You - My wife's company decided on the Bahamas ... But this is an annual trip so you never know when we could be there :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom