SSI Master Diver Assistance

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wembrey

New
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello,

I don't intend for this post to turn into a debate over the merits of Master Diver or which agency program is better but needed some help applying for SSI. I recently moved to Italy and don't have a local SSI dive shop here yet. I have had a great time diving and taking specialties to learn more about local dive sites or when learning to dive different environments (cold water = drysuit specialty, etc...) - to me its been about enjoying the diving and learning new things as I go.

As a consequence, I now meet the requirements for SSI Master Diver (Stress and Rescue with 4 other specialties) but 2 of those specialties are through PADI. Reading through the forums, it seems like it is okay to have 2 of them from another agency, but I was wondering how you "add" the non-SSI specialties to your SSI profile or use them to meet the pre-reqs and "apply" for the Master Diver rating.

Thanks for the assistance!

The easiest way if for you to go to a local SSI shop and they will verify specialties and add it to your account. Your dive count also has to be verified by SSI (it is not a big deal).
With SSI going towards all digital platform, they may listen to your request by email. This would not be a traditional way if it is even possible.

Thanks! Appreciate the help - I'll try the email first and if that doesn't work, see if I can find an SSI shop not too far away from where I live now.

I have a quick question related to the cross agencies recognizing certifications. If I have rescue diver with PADI, would it transfer over to SSI for the purpose of Master Diver OR do I need to take the SSI Rescue Diver plus two additional courses?

I have a quick question related to the cross agencies recognizing certifications. If I have rescue diver with PADI, would it transfer over to SSI for the purpose of Master Diver OR do I need to take the SSI Rescue Diver plus two additional courses?
Probably email SSI?

Generally speaking, it takes just about the same amount of time to send an email to an agency as it takes to make a post on ScubaBoard. Your reply will be official and not from some random guy. Trying to be helpful, I went to the SSI website, and I could not find this issue mentioned one way or the other.

Hi, The PADI rescue course will be recognised. You will need it entered into your SSI profile by a dive centre. You will also need 4 specialty courses and 50 logged dives in the MySSI app.

Hello,

I don't intend for this post to turn into a debate over the merits of Master Diver or which agency program is better but needed some help applying for SSI. I recently moved to Italy and don't have a local SSI dive shop here yet. I have had a great time diving and taking specialties to learn more about local dive sites or when learning to dive different environments (cold water = drysuit specialty, etc...) - to me its been about enjoying the diving and learning new things as I go.

As a consequence, I now meet the requirements for SSI Master Diver (Stress and Rescue with 4 other specialties) but 2 of those specialties are through PADI. Reading through the forums, it seems like it is okay to have 2 of them from another agency, but I was wondering how you "add" the non-SSI specialties to your SSI profile or use them to meet the pre-reqs and "apply" for the Master Diver rating.

Thanks for the assistance!
Email the SSI service centre in Italy. The email is italy@divessi.com. They will be able to help you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom