Trip Report St. Andrews Jetties - Panama City Beach 5-21-23

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

soduh

Registered
Reaction score
Went out to the jetties and timed high tide a little better than last time. Air temp was 86, surface temps were around 80, with a visible thermocline around 20 feet that dipped to about 74 which felt like diving a spring after being so warm. Viz was hazy and about 10 feet close to the beach but got better as you got farther out maxing out at probably 30ish.

Huge school of cigar minnows dancing around us for most of the dive. My dive buddy was working on her photography with her Christmas TG-6 and project Nikonus II. Good day for it, lots of seaweed blennies poking around, along with stone crabs and a spiny lobster. Not as much bigger life as we are used to, but the bristle worm and sea slugs made up for it. Pod of dolphins came through looking for the minnows after we packed up and ate sandwiches on the beach.

Attachments

• P5210018.jpg
    P5210018.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 71
  • P5210020.jpg
    P5210020.jpg
    164.3 KB · Views: 65
  • P5210028.jpg
    P5210028.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 72
  • P5210080.jpg
    P5210080.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 71
  • P5210086.jpg
    P5210086.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 82
Great stuff. I was diving the Jetties this past weekend and the conditions were phenomenal. I'd say upwards of 50ft vis. The lack of rain over the past few weeks has really helped in that regard.

One of my favorite spots to hit! The access to the water for divers is too easy. Last month, a massive spotted eagle ray came through and joined us.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom