St. John's diving compared to Cozumel/Curacao ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JohnN

ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have the opportunity to go diving with some friends next May in St. John's (they have a timeshare at the Westin).

Can anyone compare the diving to that of Cozumel/Curacao ? (I realize the flora and fauna are different).

My primary interests are looking for the little critters. Rays/sharks/turtles are cool but Nudi's get me excited :yeahbaby:

Yes, St. John USVI. Sounds like a(nother) trip to Coz.

If you are going for a vacation with some diving on the side, then it's OK. I got to see some interesting things and some of the rock formations and swim thrus were like mini wall dives. They do also have trips over to the BVIs on some days. The diving from the Westin is convenient since the dive shop and their boats are on premises. St John is more of beach location but you need a car to get to the beaches. Driving around the island is also very scenic and there are some old sugar mill ruins.

If you are going for diving, then it can't compare to Coz.

Since St John is mostly National Park property, the dive sites are limited. It's a wonderful place to visit if it's not primarily a dive trip. For a day trip, I agree, get up early and go over to the BVI. They have some great dive sites but find a dive operation first and make sure they can work your plan for you. It would require a ferry ride and taxi to the dive shop. Valid passport is required. You could also take the ferry from St John to St Thomas. You will be able to go to different dive sites than STJ visits. Red Hook Dive Center is in walking distance of the ferry dock. PM me if you have any questions.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom