St. Lucia and Dominica Dive Ops

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Any reports on CASTLE COMFORT DIVE LODGE?

I've been watching this thread as we're also going on a S. Caribbean cruise (Carnival Destiny) in Aug., and would like to dive/snorkel there.

I'm trying to arrange for our group a combo dive/snorkel trip first, followed by a land tour to see the nearby highlights of the island before getting back on ship.

In St. Lucia, I contacted Scuba St. Lucia in Anse Chastenet. They have a high priced package to include pickup/gears and lunch. The big problem is they insist on a check out shore dive as the first dive, to check out your skills for mask removal and regulator recovery, etc. Their 1-tank boat dive is at 1:45pm. I explained that I have my own gears and I'll be diving in Puerto Rico (La Parquera walls, Desecheo island), USVI St. Thomas, Dominica, Barbados, before going to St. Lucia, and I'm PADI AOWs. But they said no exceptions, everyone goes on a check out dive first. I hear diving at Anse Chastenet is good, but I don't want to spend 1/2 day for the check out dive to be able to go on a 1-tank boat dive. The other killer is we can book but they cannot guarantee the snorkelers will get a snorkel trip because they give priority to resort guests.

I'll look into Dive Fairhelen and others instead, for St. Lucia.

Hi,
I was at castle comfort lodge and went diving with Dive Dominica in 2004. I had a great week. The accomodation at castle comfort is basic but clean. The food is OK but there is not much choice. I thought the dive operation was first class. The staff were helpful and friendly and the boats comfortable and not crowded. The diving is above average for the caribbean. There are lots of hiking trips that can be doen when not diving.
I certainly will go back one day.
However from memory there have been other posts where people were not so happy with dive dominica - try a search.

I hoep this helps.

Doug

I went diving with Fair Helen in St. Lucia in July. They were the best of the best!! I have been diving for over 20 years and all over the islands. They are one of the best operations I have been diving with for a long time!! In St. Lucia ,,,I would only dive with them. They are GREAT !!!!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom