St Lucia info needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jerryg:
I was in St Lucia just last month for 1 day (Cruise Ship Diving). I thought the diving was very good. Like somebody said "small fish and lots of coral". I did see two thing that I've never seen a school of squid, and a "fire worm". It sounds like the initial testing of your abilities is a island wide event. My wife and I both had to do flooded mask test, and regulator retrieval BEFORE they would let us go on a dive. I questioned the Dive Master later and she indicated that they test everybody no matter what your certification level is. I didn't have much time to see the island, but what I did see makes me want to go back for a week.

Yea they do make most people do a check out dive or do a few skills before they will take you out. From what I saw depending on your cert level and recient dives was how they decided who needed to do the check out dive. Last year when I was there my buddy who has an OW cert and had not been in the water in 4 months needed to do a check out dive. I was told I did not have to do one and could sign up for what ever dives I wanted. My only guess for this is, being a DM and having been in the water in Jan in Maine. That they felt I did not need the check out dive. Even with that I still did one, I figured if my buddy had to do it, I was not going to send him out by himself, and a dive is a dive.

Has anyone had experience with the dive shop of the Still Beach Resort/Plantation?

Or with La Haut for lodging?

Or ways to avoid the congestion on days the cruise ships are in port?

Or favorite waterfalls for swimming? I have read that La Tille is nice, but don't know if you can swim there.

Many, many thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom