St. Maarten Dive Operator Recommendations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rico Suave

Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I am looking for contact information on dive operator in St. Maarten. there are 4 of us in the family, we are all certified. My wife who has been certified by NASDS back in "73" me in "84" by NAUI and our adult kids who were certified in "99". We will be arriving by cruise ship on the May 14th sailing of the Carnival Glory and prefer small group diving "6 pack" vs. big cruise ship cattle boat. We only travel with mask fins and snorkels and rent when we get there. Any help would be appreciated. If I can be of help to anyone we have visited over the years by cruise ship and dove in Grand Cayman, Cozumel, Roatan, Belize, Jamaica, St. Thomas and believe it or not Ketchikan Alaska just this year. Look forward to replies. If its to much trouble to write and prefer to call be my guest.

Happy Holiday's!

Rico de la Llama
DreamMakers Cruises & Travel Inc.
www.dreammakerscruises.com
4523 Hickory Grove Ct.
Acworth Ga. 30102
Local 770-427-4395 Toll free 800-622-0187

I dove with Ocean Adventures and they did a good job. They have a smaller boat 6 to 8 divers and the dive guide found some interesting critters. They are not located in the city, but near the airport so this may be an issue for you. The diving in St. Maarten is OK and worth diving if you are there. Enjoy your trip.

I visited St. Maarten from a cruise ship like you all in March of 03.You can read my blog about my trip at http://www.scubaboard.com/t57898-.html When I was in St. Maarten I used the Cruise lines dive trip. It was with Dive Safaries. They wre very close to the cruise ship Pier and was one of the better operators I dove with on that trip. (I assume you'll be in Philipsburg). I am planning to make a trip to St Maarten this March and I have not ruled out using them again. I will concider what ever shop my hotel uses and of course look for recomendations from other scubaboard members, but having said that Dive Safaries is at the top of my list.

Hi Steve, thanks for information, you do a great job of writing reveiews. It sounded like your dive in St Thomas wasnt the best. I dont remember the name of the dive shop but we booked it on line and its actually in St. John. They picked us up at the dock in Red Hook. There were a max of 12 divers and they broke us us nto 2 groups. This time around I have reserved a boat with aadivers.com and if you remind me when I get back I'll email you a summary. Thanks again! Rico!

stevsgarage:
I visited St. Maarten from a cruise ship like you all in March of 03.You can read my blog about my trip at http://www.scubaboard.com/t57898-.html When I was in St. Maarten I used the Cruise lines dive trip. It was with Dive Safaries. They wre very close to the cruise ship Pier and was one of the better operators I dove with on that trip. (I assume you'll be in Philipsburg). I am planning to make a trip to St Maarten this March and I have not ruled out using them again. I will concider what ever shop my hotel uses and of course look for recomendations from other scubaboard members, but having said that Dive Safaries is at the top of my list.

Greetings,

Just my two cents....

I was certified and have continued to dive with Aqua Mania for the past 3 years. Total, I have logged around 30 dives with them. IMO, they are a top notch operation. The staff has changed very little over the years I have dove with them and they always will ask what you have seen/where do you want to go.

This past trip, they had also started doing their own Nitrox fills and are quiet proud of the fill station (ask Kurt to show you around).

Anyway, they have been my choice......

Scott

Thanks for the kind words Rico, my High School english teacher would be shocked and amazed to find I can even put two sentences together but I owe a lot to Word Perfect and the motivation of a subject I love.
Steve

Back
Top Bottom