St Maartin, Nevis, St Kitts, St Barts, Anguila, Antigua?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mike

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
We are going to doing the Easy Cruise trip in 2 weeks, due to the budget we want to dive, but probably will only be able to do maybe a couple of them, so I'd really like to make the most of our dives. I've been trying to research the islands for diving, but need some advice from those who have done them, which of those islands would you say are are easy "I'd dive there for sure, and I'd skip that one for sure" and why?

St Maartin, Nevis, St Kitts, St Barts, Anguila, Antigua.

Thanks.

Hi,
I have dived in Antigua, St Kitts and Nevis. Of the three I would not bother with Antigua again. I would dive the other two again.
However a trip round St Kitts and a visit to a plantation house would also be really good, a hard choice if you only have one day.

Cheers
Doug

We have many days, it's just a matter of limited diving budget and not wanting to 'waste' it. We most likely will have to make our dive plans before we leave and without being there, we will be committed. I'd like to try to ensure we don't miss a "don't miss this island's diving" opportunity by picking one that is not so great.

What were the reasons Antigua would be off your list?

I would take Antiqua and st. marrten off the list.

Diving in St marrten stunk.
And Antiqua they don't use mooring and they just kill the coral everytime they throw that anchor over. Its painful to see.
If you did dive Antqua - I would recommend Mike dockside diver. he dives around the big bolders just outside the marina and they are some cool dives.

HAve done some really nice dives in Anquilla.

Hi,
I thought the underwater scenary was not so good in Antigua, the reef was not as good as the other two and there were less fish.
For the record I did 2 dives in Antigua 2004, 2 in Nevis (2005) and 6 or 8 in St Kitts (2005).
Antigua has some good stuff to see on land, English Harbour, Dickenson Bay beach, loads of quite beaches dark wood, half moon. If it was me I would do something else on Antigua.

Cheers
Doug

Scubadonna:
I would take Antiqua and st. marrten off the list.

And Antiqua they don't use mooring and they just kill the coral everytime they throw that anchor over. Its painful to see.
If you did dive Antqua - I would recommend Mike dockside diver. he dives around the big bolders just outside the marina and they are some cool dives.

I'm quite familar with Antigua and I've never heard of "Mike dockside diver" - though from your description, that sounds like you were diving in English Harbour aka big boulders outside the harbour...The only reputable shops in English Harbour are
1) The AntiguaScuba Center (www.antiguascuba.com), 2) UltraMarine (www.ultramarinecarribean.com) and 3) Aquanaut

English Harbour is considered the best diving in Antigua...as for the lack of moorings - the English Harbour sites do, for the most part, have moorings and no reputable dive op is going to throw an anchor into coral...talk about ruining your business....

Back
Top Bottom