St Marteen, St Bart and surrounding islands

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dwardtxusa

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am chartering a cat in St Marteen in January.Looking for the do not miss dive spots. If you have insight for the area I would greatly appreciate it.

I do not know anything about the diving there.. maybe Saba? BUT I am soooo jealllooouuuuussss!! I LOVE ST. BARTS! :D

If you are asking about a 'signature' dive on SXM, I don't believe there are any. ...Flipping through log book... all my diving there has been Dutch side, around Phillipsburg. Most have been 40 - 75 foot range. Weather has never allowed us offshore to the deeper sites. The wreck of the Proselyte dated 1801, big encrusted anchors remain is cool and close to known name site. The usual suspects appear at most sites there - tropicals, have seen fair amount of sharks, rays, octo, squid, cuttelfish, dolphin, pretty tropicals.

Not sure about the logistics of a cat, but Saba would be the spot I would head. Much deeper, large pelagics and fish, great viz. Diamond Rock is well known pinnacle site. Article in this months Sport Diver mag though I have yet to read.

Hope this helps.

We will be around Angilla, St Marteen and St Barts. dont think we will make it to Saba. I am looking for specific dives that make your must do list.

the best diving in this part of the Caribbean is definately Saba. St. Maarten en St. Barths are way less interesting, Anguilla is more of a snorkling destination. I suggest you sail to Saba instead of St. Barths. Get in contact with Sea Saba Dive Center to assist you with organising the diving overthere and if you want to sleep on shore for a change I suggest El Momo Cottages. Beautiful location, interesting rates, nice people.

We will be around Angilla, St Marteen and St Barts. dont think we will make it to Saba. I am looking for specific dives that make your must do list.
Angilla, St Maarten and St Barts just aren't known for their diving so quite likely no one has any dives there on their must do list. I haven't done any of those, but a friend of mine dove St Maarten and didn't think much of it.

I've done a fair amount of diving off St. Martin. On the French side, there are some good sites around Tintamarre, which is a small island just off the north of St. Martin. On the Dutch Side, there are quite a few interesting wrecks. We have info about a number of St. Martin dive sites on our web site: St. Martin | Les Fruits De Mer

Email me for with any questions.

Thanks marcaumarc,
I have found a few site I'm sure I'll visit. I will have several new divers with me so some of the dive, snorkle sites will be great to begin with.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom