St. Thomas - Coki Beach Dive Center - Trip Review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kryssa

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
The whole family went to Coki beach for the day during our stop on St. Thomas from 8am to 5pm.

My brother and I did 2 great dives with Michelle as our Divemaster. The boat is small and takes only 6 divers so there is a lot of personal attention. We did 2 tanks, each for about 45 minutes. My brother is recently certified, but the conditions were very good for a beginner so I wasn't worried. It's also really nice of them to rinse all of our gear! As you can imagine, doing it in the small cruise stateroom shower leaves a lot to be desired. I wish more shops provided this service!

Another great thing about this shop is the location. The entire non-diving family spent the day on Coki Beach. With only one ship in port, it wasn't crowded, and they were able to rent chairs and snorkeling equipment and have lunch and drinks.

Wow, Coki Beach Dive has a boat now. Last time I was there all they had was the dive box-truck parked in the parking lot next to the beach. But it was a great option, we brought our own gear and rented their tanks and they let us store our dry stuff while we were down under. Coki is a nice little spot.

We did a shore dive there for the 2nd time last Dec. and saw 2 Lemon Sharks over to the right. We've had 2 good cruise dive experiences with them and will return--might consider the boat option next time--thanks! btw, those 2 sharks were headed toward the snorkeling area when we saw them--wondered if the beach might be cleared when we returned--NOPE, I guess the sharks headed out to deeper water before they got there. One of the Instructors said he had seen a shark only once in 1500 dives out front there.

Back
Top Bottom