• You did better than average

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • You did okay

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Man those pictures suck hehehe

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Originally posted by CaptAl
I am a Mac addict and over the years I've heard ALL the insults.

I am, too, but I could not turn down a free superpowerfullotsofmemoryfasterthani'lleverneed PC that my son "made" for me out of spare parts he had around. I still have my DuoDock in my office, though, and look at it fondly from time to time...

Joewr...

Syruss,

Downloaded winzip, got to see your pics, very nice for your first time. When you get over your fear :D of getting closer to some of those maneaters :wink: you will be a shooting maniac.

Are those purple sponges? Never seen a sponge underwater and from pics I have seen, don't remember any purple ones.

Good job buddy.

Originally posted by socaldiver
Syruss,

Downloaded winzip, got to see your pics, very nice for your first time. When you get over your fear :D of getting closer to some of those maneaters :wink: you will be a shooting maniac.

Are those purple sponges? Never seen a sponge underwater and from pics I have seen, don't remember any purple ones.

Good job buddy.

Yep those are purple sponges and very vibrant also. That is why I took so many pictures of them simply because I was amazed at how purple they were and how much they stood out!

I enjoyed your report and photos. St. Thomas is a very nice place to dive and you reminded me how nice!

Socoldiver noted that you need to overcome your fear of butterfly fish and get a little closer! Honestly, Syruss, in your wet suit, you are well protected against these horrific predators!

Seriously, though, I was amazed at how well you did considering that this was your first salt water diving! You probably had all sorts of adrenaline coursing through your body! And getting close to fish is not always that easy unless you are in shark country and carry a few pieces of bloody bait fish around with you!

Too bad you lost your camera: it looks like you were off to a good start. I hope you will save your sheckels and get another one!

Joewr...

Originally posted by joewr
I enjoyed your report and photos. St. Thomas is a very nice place to dive and you reminded me how nice!

Socoldiver noted that you need to overcome your fear of butterfly fish and get a little closer! Honestly, Syruss, in your wet suit, you are well protected against these horrific predators!

Seriously, though, I was amazed at how well you did considering that this was your first salt water diving! You probably had all sorts of adrenaline coursing through your body! And getting close to fish is not always that easy unless you are in shark country and carry a few pieces of bloody bait fish around with you!

Too bad you lost your camera: it looks like you were off to a good start. I hope you will save your sheckels and get another one!

Joewr...

No.,..No...No it was the Seargents that scared me, those viscious little teeth filled mouths always on the prowl for a wary diver hehehhehe

And I did get a new camera. My loving, adorable, wonderful, better than life itself wife of mine got me an early Christmas present while we were there and let me get a Sea & Sea MX10 and strobe to replace the lost MX5. So some of the pics you see are with the MX 10.

All in all I think I did okay though I was under the assumption that 4-8 feet was a good distance, now I know that 4-8 means good blue shot of fish in the distance. So next time I will do better I promise!

Back
Top Bottom