Stage bottles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I read it as "1/2 of the tanks starting pressure, MINUS 500", eg for a 3000psi tank, 1500 - 500 = 1000psi. But I'm not sure if that means you only breath 1000psi out of 3000, or leave 1000psi out of 3000?

Roakey! Explain yourself!

Originally posted by MikeS
Breath to 1750 and drop ((3000-500)/2=1250)?
We have a winner!

Sorry folks, I didn't mean to gloss over that.

Roak

Ahhhh like 1/2 + 250

Why not use thirds?

I was unaware that GUE taught stage diving in Cave 1.
This is a blatant 1/3's violation.

Originally posted by Divesherpa
I was unaware that GUE taught stage diving in Cave 1.
This is a blatant 1/3's violation.
Looks like a trap to me, let's see if I can avoid it.

They don't. I dive stages elsewhere.

Why do you consider stages a blatant 1/3 violation?

Roak

reason for rule of 1/3's is to ALWAYS have twice the gas needed to egress so that if you have a failure you will be safe.
Is the 1/2 - 500 psi really the DIR rule of stage diving? Sounds like unnecessary risk to me. What GUE class is this taught in?

Note my use of the word "traditional." No, by my understanding this is not what's taught in Cave II, but ask me again in October.

I *think* that GUE/WKPP teaches 1/2-500 but you don't touch your back gas except in an emergency. Perhaps someone can tell us if that's right or wrong.

Roak

I thought I read somewhere 1/2 + 200 almost the same. I use thirds max (more gas is better). The most I've used is two stages and then often it's to save more back gas for another dive. Obviously I'm not going 20,000 ft. If someone has another methode I would be interested in seeing the numbers and hearing the theory.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom