Star Dancer, Papua New Guinea trip report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nice trip report.....I was on the Star Dancer in Nov. of 2004 and dove the same area you went to. Wonderful diving and boat.....I'm looking forward to returning to that part of the world next Dec. on the Komodo Dancer.

Port Moresby did remind me of a minimum security prison, though....!

Well put! Yeah, the Airways Hotel was so expensive I won't even mention what it costs for a room there (I had to get a premium suite because everything else was booked) - they took GREAT care of me and I was extremely impressed. It was nice to have that to look forward to for the trip home - but as I said, it came at a cost.

On the way in, the Lamana Hotel - which is where Air Niugini put me up at when they rescheduled our domestic flight to the following morning - had a decent restaurant, air conditioning that basically worked, security (most important), but that was about it. I was bored, would have wanted to sit by the pool or hit the gym but in reality - Port Moresby is not a place where those kinds of amenities are really seen.

I dare say next year Palau might be an easier place to get into and out of - and safer!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom