For Sale Steel HP 120, Current Hydro and Vis

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MrChen

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I bought this tank used at my LDS for $250. Hydro 4/22 and Vis 8/22. I don't need it, so I'm selling it for what I paid, $250. I think it's a PST tank, please reply if someone actually knows. Pickup only. I live in Stuart, FL and often travel south to dive.

1693171580841.png

1693171473485.png

1693171614876.png

1693171541244.png

The photos aren’t the clearest, but you can make out the E9791 marking. That is the special permit (used to be exemption) for PST high-pressure steel tanks. If so, then yes: it’s a PST tank.

The photos did not seem to include the fill pressure, but given the visual neck size I would bet big money that these are ‘true HP’ 3500 PSI tanks with the ‘narrow’ 7/8” neck. That also lines up with the 300 Bar valve this tank has. (Note: yoke cannot be used with these tanks — they are DIN only.)

ETA: I originally thought the born on date was 3/90, but after re-looking, I think it’s actually 3/95. That is in line with my understanding that this line of tanks was introduced in the mid-90’s. Either way, this agrees with this being a 7/8” DIN-only tank.

Has this tank been painted/coated? There seems to be a coating of some sort over it. And I think the markings are hard to read because they’re somewhat filled in. But hard to tell from the photos.

ETA2: I think after the 9791 you can see a “-35”. That would be the 3500 service pressure which makes it officially a “true HP” DIN-only tank. But *boy* are those markings hard to read! I’m now real curious about that added coating…

My LDS painted it before selling it used. The paint was flaking in a spot, so I sprayed galvanized on it so the metal wouldn't be exposed. I got overzealous and just sprayed the whole thing.

Thanks for putting time into figuring it out. There's nothing wrong with the tank. I have 3 Worthington 120's and bought this to have 4 tanks. It has slightly different buoyancy characteristics. I was able to pick up a fourth Worthington 2 months ago. I figured I would list it for what I paid. If someone buys it, cool. If not, I might use to for shore diving when I'm not swapping tanks between dives in short succession, like on a charter.

Yes, it has the skinny neck and the 300 bar DIN valve.

Back
Top Bottom