Stiff Fill Knobs?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Frank, do you have a source or link for 1/4 turn HP valves with 1/4 NPT? I would love to replace all my old knob fill valves.

2687.gif$122.50 from A-Plus Marine Supply. They are high dollar, but last forever. They also have flow restictors and needle valves if you need them. If you can't get them to sell to you, let me know and I won't add anything but shipping. I also have a bunch of new stuff that is old stock, I don't know for sure what, but some of it is 1/4 turn valves. If you only need a couple I will look and see what I have for you...

Holy crap! At that price I'll stick with my old Sherwood inline knobs and rebuild them periodically. I have 6 of them on my bank and I'm not paying that much. But if you have some oldies you're looking to turn into a little (emphasize LITTLE) cash, let me know.

Ken

Please pardon any typos. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

View attachment 184017$122.50 from A-Plus Marine Supply. They are high dollar, but last forever. They also have flow restictors and needle valves if you need them. If you can't get them to sell to you, let me know and I won't add anything but shipping. I also have a bunch of new stuff that is old stock, I don't know for sure what, but some of it is 1/4 turn valves. If you only need a couple I will look and see what I have for you...

Blast Chamber.jpg

Can't be done; or what I should really say: Won't be done. If you would like to handle our liability and warranty we might be able to pass it through.
I'm being cheeky. I know it would be completely safe, but if you start messing with the blast chamber and something were to happen, even if human error, it rides on us, we changed what the manufacturer made and suggested. Error's on us no matter what.

I really appreciate the offer though. It's too bad we already purchased and placed four of those on our surface supply cart.

What ended up happening: I changed the whole brass seat assembly. Didn't solve the problem. So I rebuilt the whole thing again. The copper washer and oring were crushed and indented. The Teflon washers were slightly compressed.

Once again, night and day. I can spin those knobs with my fingers. Now it's a matter of telling every single team, be gentle. :wink:

I couldn't figure out what the hell a blast chamber was. I thought you were filling and sandblasting in the same room. Now that I see a picture of a containment fill station, I understand. Every Mako containment fill station I ever sold (60 of them?) had 1/4 turn valves, the flow was regulated elsewhere. But that doesn't matter, yours came with Sherwood line valves. You may rebuild the Sherwood line valves every week. It won't affect my life even a little. :)

Well on the bright side it'll give me some job security :D

Back
Top Bottom