Still Waters, Still Dirty

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The vis wasn't great but the swells are out of the south, so Palos Verdes is protected by Catalina and San Clemente Islands. We only had one foot surf today. I hope the predicted high surf also comes from the south. I'd probably avoid Laguna Beach for the next few days, though.

Are all of those photos from one dive?

Yes. There are reefs off Palos Verdes that are invertebrate havens. If we had Catalina's visibility nobody would ever dive there again.
Amen to that! The ratios of dives there vs here would reverse!

Yes. There are reefs off Palos Verdes that are invertebrate havens. If we had Catalina's visibility nobody would ever dive there again.

Whereabouts in PV? I used to dive Pt. Vicente and the visibility was often 40 ' or more, but that was many years ago.

I've never seen such a variety of nudibranchs on one dive ever. Usually I would see a lot of Spanish Shawls and one or two others.

I found 17 species on a dive at Marineland once. If you dive at Long Point you will see a lot more than at the 120 Reef. Haggerty's has a couple that are rare elsewhere. Neptune Cove, Christmas Tree Cove and Honeymoon Cove have a good variety as well. My favorite photo sites are at Dive Sites

Cool. Thanks for the map! That brings back a lot of memories. I sorta got stuck diving Orange County for my beach dives. Now I mainly do "vacation diving" but plan to get back to doing more shore dives. Those long hikes back up the hill just isn't quite as appealing as it once was :|

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom