Stolen Dive Gear!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

adambisi

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I recently had a few items stolen from the back of my driveway in Beverly. They usually are hidden from direct view but I am starting to think I've been watched for awhile now.

I just wanted to post on here just in case any one working for an LDS comes across someone trying to sell these articles.

Here's the list

7mm Akona wetsuit size L Blue trim on arms but mostly black
M/L SeaQuest Pro QD with wenoka knife attached to it and lobster guage as well (weight pouches were not taken!!!!)
May have purple bonaire tag on BCD if theives were not smart enough to cut it off.
7mm Henderson Gold Core hood size L
7mm Henderson Gold Core gloves size L
Yellow US DIVERS mesh gear bag.

Ouch..... good luck getting it back....

Just a thought, but keep an eye on eBay to see if the thieves try to sell it there.

That's really concerning. I live in Beverly too and leave my stuff out to dry all of the time. What part of Beverly do you live in? I hope you can recover some of your stuff. I would check with Undersea Divers and Atlantic Divers since they are close to see if anyone has been trying to pawn off stuff.

good to know. When at the cape in cottage, I have always left my gear out front on porch or back shower hanging to dry. Won't do that anymore. At home, I hang my gear inside the Garage..

I always put my dive gear out to dry in my backyard where my 100 lb. GSD likes to hang out. He's a great anti-theft device.

LobstaMan

I always leave my booties next to gear, you would need a biohazard suit to get near enough to steal anything.

I do make a habit of recording serial numbers on any gear that has them. On items that have engraved or etched numbers I make a tracing with paper and pencil to prove that it was in my possession. Your chances of ever recovering it go up quite a bit if you have a police report with serial numbers on it....otherwise proving ownership of a particular item, and actually recovering them, is next to impossible.

Not sure it really helps in the case of wetsuits and gearbags, but it may prove useful for other items in the future.

That really sucks though...

I always leave my booties next to gear, you would need a biohazard suit to get near enough to steal anything.

That's true... I did meet you that one time at Ft. Wetherill with ThatsSomeBadHatHarry and after you took your booties off I don't really remember anything except waking up in the parking lot three days later with a splitting headache. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom