"Stolen" Gear returned!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diver_paula

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hello all.

A very happy diver here!

This afternoon the owner of the dive shop near the boat ramp where the gear was taken from heard a loud thump. He looked out the back door and there was a set of gear. Ran into the parking lot but couldn't find anyone.

He checked the list of gear / serial numbers we emailed 20 LDS's and it was my gear! However, my buddy's gear is still missing.

He closed the shop down for a couple hours later in the day and when he returned there was an unusual voice mail.

A man left a message saying his son and a friend told him they wanted to take SCUBA lessons. He told them no as SCUBA gear is very expensive. & they said, that's ok - we already have gear.

Upon learning the story he told them to take the gear to the LDS as they would know who owned the gear. Guess my gear was taken by the son of the man as it's the one that was given back.

The LDS is running a phone report and hopefully the phone number wasn't blocked so we can try to get my buddy's gear back.

Still crossing my fingers for my friend, but very very happy diver here. The only thing missing was a few hundred PSI of air.

Thank you all for the wishful thoughts and offers to loan me gear.

Paula
Who's finally going diving this weekend!

Wa-Hoo! That's great. Congrats!!

Well that's a big relief. All's well that ends well... So it was just a couple of mischievous kids. I always believed that most people out there are honest. I guess they're somewhat honest, for plopping the gear down by the LDS and running off. I wouldn't fault the dad for what happened.

congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!! it's a great feeling isn't it?

wow, you must be the luckiest person alive. Best of luck with your friend's gear. When I read your first post about the missing gear, I was pretty sad. I'm so happy that the gear was returned. Congrats!

christopher1260:
wow, you must be the luckiest person alive. Best of luck with your friend's gear. When I read your first post about the missing gear, I was pretty sad. I'm so happy that the gear was returned. Congrats!

I am feeling lucky. Let's hope it cascades to all the other areas of my life!

Paula

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom