Stood up by Pacific Star Dive boat - Resolved.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Alright, well I am getting replies from Pacific Star Dive boat via their e-mail address.

But first, please confirm this is the Dive Boat your talking about.

Pacific Star Diving - Scuba Diving in Redondo Beach

This is their e-mail address: dave@pacificstardiving.com

You can find that via the Marina tab on their official page.

This e-mail stated:

Thanks for the info. It is definitely not our policy to mistreat any one so if this happened I truly apologize. I have not received any calls about it so not sure who it might have been. I was not running the boat last weekend, Jake and the crew where there working on the port motor so not sure what happened but would certainly try to make it up to whom ever it was. If you know please have them email me with their names and contact info. Thanks again..

David H.Harvey Straight Hook Inc. Pacific Star

So long story short, they want you to contact them again with your information so they can get to the bottom of what happened. It should also be noted that I received this e-mail within a few hours, so the channel is clear, at least on my end.

Unless of course I just have the completely wrong dive boat, lol. But seriously, how many Pacific Star Dive Boats out of San Pedro can there be?

Anyways, hope that helps in any way.

Sounds like there might have been some date confusion or miscommunication. DiveGuy600, I hope you will reach out to them, and then let us know the outcome.

As you can see, we take reviews of service on our local dive boats very seriously. :)

I got a msg from my GF that she got a response from them.

This issue has been resolved satisfactorily. Thanks for all the follow ups on here :)

can you share the reason for the incident and the resolution?

Sure, apparently the boat had some motor issues the previous day and somehow we were missed to be contacted (although others were)...looks like an honest mistake and sounds right since no other divers had showed up.

They have generously offered us a complimentary dive.

In any case, mistakes can happen...i'm glad they took interest in resolving it to my satisfaction.

Appreciate you taking the time to come back here and post the resolution. Definitely sucks that you both didn't get the call, but sounds like they're trying to make it right by you.

I'm relieved to hear this! I had a feeling it was something like this. Thanks for coming back and satisfying our curiosity!

Much better.

Thanks for the explanation.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom