store near LAX airport?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

catbrown

Reaction score
Puerto Morelos Riviera Maya Mexico and Sydney Aust
Flying in for 8 hrs to LAX tomorrow - any suggestions on a cheap store - need to pickup up BCD for a woman before returning to Mexico

best

cat

The closest store to LAX would be Sport Chalet, and probably cheapest too. The Santa Monica stores are about a 20 min drive from the airport, and the Malibu store about an hour. Call first to see if they have what you want though.

Sport Chalet
(310) 821-9400
13455 Maxella Ave # 138
Marina Del Rey, CA

Blue Cheer Dive & Surf
(310) 319-1370
1112 Wilshire Blvd
Santa Monica, CA

Scuba Haus
(310) 828-2916
2501 Wilshire Blvd
Santa Monica, CA

Malibu Divers
(310) 456-2396
21231 Pacific Coast Hwy
Malibu, CA

Good luck, fishlips

Also Ocean Adventures Dive, 1915 Lincoln, Venice, 310-578-9391

Thanks for the info guys, in the end I didn't purchase

But Steve - FYI - I called Sport Chalet in Marina del Rey and the guy was very helpful and friendly he had Seaquests Eva at US370 and the Libra at US469 and a mens BCD from Aqualung for US244. It is definitely the closest.

i also talked the the fellow at Ocean adventures who was very...laid back and he had the Lady Hawk in at close enough to US 600 it remains an object of desire

You can save a packet if you take the bus - get the number 3 shuttle to the bus terminal at 96th st car park and then get the No 3 Santa Monica Big Blue bus - you can get out at Marina del Rey and find the shop (the driver will tell you the nearest cross street to Maxella) or else that bus actually goes right past the door of Ocean Adventures or you can make the mistake i did and keep going to Santa Monica and do some shopping and cruising around there. make sure you know where the bus stop is to get back and allow plenty of time
have fun

Cat, thanks for the tips. Fortunately I have the whole day in LA and so will hire a car to get about. I'll certainly drop into to Sport Chalet. Looking to get a couple of new regs including an O2 reg for a nitrox pony bottle.

Enjoy Mexico! regards, steve...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom