Stories behind usernames...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sing along "every boy and every girl...spice up your life...people of the world.. spice up your life....ahhhhhhh"

Back in 1988 when I was 11 I got into BBSes (Bulletin Board Systems). I needed a handle and really liked the highlander movie at the time. I thought the Kurgen was cool. Of course I didn't know how to spell it and just went with Corigan. The nickname stuck and I have used it on BBSes and Online for over 17 years now.

Matt

I'm from Jamaica and I dive.
Hence the username Jamdiver.
Simple and to the point.

mine was created out of hubby's business and callsign... he's IT business is Almitymulti-media and his Instructing business is AlmityScuba. his callsign on most forums is Almity1 so i ended up being Almitywife and our 12yr old niece is Almitychild.

i prefer to think its because im such a great catch of a wife, i love to cook, sew, bake, clean, crafts, carpentry ect.

the "Almity" tag is kinda fun - ive receved a few PM's over the years from diffrent forums specifically asking if there was a religous basis for the tag, are we christian ect..... something ive never thought of

The initials stand for the three cats we owned when we started our horse-breeding farm: Tizzel, Squeeter and Mini. It's been my user name in so many places, for so many years, that it didn't seem reasonable to change it now.

Mine is a nickname from high school and college, which is just a shortening of my funny Welsh surname, which most people spell wrong. Often on forums I use my first initial and surname and few people realize that's what it is. However on a scuba forum a name like Giddings doesn't go without notice :wink: :10:

These have been fun reading - glad to see it's active again... more additions to the board everyday, so more stories to be shared as well...

Aloha, Tim

Wow... I bet nobody will be able to figure mine out :D

Back
Top Bottom