Storing diving gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

philba

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I'm planning a trip to Belize later this year and, in order to cater to non-divers, we'd like to do some non-diving touring. However, I don't want to haul our diving gear around. Are there any safe places to store this stuff while we go elsewhere? Probably in Belize City...

Are you staying in a reputable hotel in Belize City? if so, then simply leave a bag or two of luggage behind and collect it on your return.

Hotels are used to this type of behavior (we have left bags many times in various parts of the world). Just make sure your gear is dry...

Thanks. I'm not sure we will be staying BC. This part isn't thought out yet. Though perhaps it makes sense to plan BC for the night before departure. I have stored stuff at hotels with no problem but know several people that have had their bags ransacked in other places in the world.

I agree with Giffenk. Sometimes people have left bags with Tropic Air if they have an onwards ticket, but I do know someone who recently had a problem of tampering with I wouldn't recommend that.

I imagine the BC Radisson would be best equipped to handle storing gear.

I once stored mine for a morning/early afternoon at The Great House, right across the street. They put it in a janitor's closet, accessible from outside the building but on the second floor off the porch around the corner from the lobby. I don't think that I would have been comfortable leaving it there overnight, however.

And I wouldn't recommend staying at the Princess, whether or not you're planning to store gear.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom