Strange Air Consumption Numbers In Mares Dive Organizer 2.14

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rhillier

New
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Greetings,

I have been using an Icon HD for about a little over a year now, and am quite happy with the unit. I have noticed a couple of strange things when using the Dive Organizer software that came with it. I am using the latest 2.14 version, and the latest firmware (I forget the version number offhand).

I have noticed that the numbers in regard to gas consumption seem to be incorrect. For example, on my last dive logged, I get an average rate of consumption showing as 4.0 cuft per minute with a maximum consumption rate of 2.8 cuft per minute using an 80 cuft tank. There are a couple of problems with this... first, the maximum should never be lower than the average. Second, my dive was 80 minutes in length, and at an average of 4.0 cuft per minute, I would have been dead about 20 minutes into the dive.

I notice that during the dive, the computer shows anywhere from 0.4 to 0.7 cuft per minute, depending on how hard I am working (it usually showed around 0.5). These numbers don't make sense to me either... even at the highest number that I observed, I should theoretically be getting 114 minutes out of a tank, but the numbers from my dive show that I started with 2834 PSI and finished with 251 PSI (small quarry, so I wasn't overly concerned about remaining air), so there was no way I was going to get 34 minutes out of 251 PSI.

I double checked the settings on my computer, and they are accurate in regard to the equipment that I was using.

Has anyone else observed this? It doesn't exactly inspire my confidence in Mares Dive Organizer Software.

>>> Rick <<<

BREATHING RATE GAUGE​
The breathing rate value is updated every20 seconds.The information shown is normalized withrespect to ambient pressure to make it easierto understand.For example, if a diver breathing normallyat the surface has an air consumption of15 liters/min, when breathing at the samerate at a depth of 10 meters his consumptionwould become 30 liters/min, and at 30 metersit would be 60 liters/min. This kind of reading,​
though correct, would not be at all clear.

that's how my nemo air was.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom