Strange display behaviour on Perdix 2.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Blackdog017

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello guys. I wanted to check if anybody has seen this before.

I was checking my Perdix 2 while preparing my gear for a diving week in Bonaire. I usually connect the regulator to a tank, open the valve, ceck the computer for the correct reading of the tank pressure (Swift transmitter), and test the second stages.

This time, when I turned the Perdix on for this check and after the initial screen I got some kind of display failure where only some "segments" could be seen against a black background. The computer seemed responsive as I could blindly push the buttons into turning it off.
Tried again, initial screen followed by the normal display. And after a few seconds, spontaneously went to the same failure as before.

Tried a third time and everything was normal. Tried it many times, had my dive holiday, wore the Perdix on every dive and never did that again. Battery level was high, then went to half and eventually switched to a new battery mid week. But like I said, it never failed again.

Has anyone observed this failure before ?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom