Strobe for A720is / Ikelite housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

egibler

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I got a nice little camera, a720, and an Ikelite housing for it, thanks to the BH closeout sale. I need to add a strobe and would like a little help.

I found an old post that suggested the Inon 2000 was a great match. tried to get one this week on this board (classifieds), but it seems to need an Inon Ad adapter. I'm new to lights, and don't know if this is a deal breaker or not. I can't find much info.

Is there a slam-dunk strobe for this setup? Would the Inon work with a bit of ingenuity? Anybody got the requisite adapter and looking to make a couple bucks?

A little help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
ed

The strobe does not need an adapter per say, but, you will need to be able to couple the fiber optic cable to the camera housing. The Inon (AD) adapter usually includes the rubber couplers and socket for the camera housing (they never made any for Ikelite).

If the D2000 is functional and a good price, get it, there is always a way to couple the strobe's optical cable.

N

I have the same camera and housing and have used the Sea & Sea YS-17 strobe. Works well in my opinion and a lot less than the Inon. HOWEVER, if you can find the Inon at a good price, that's probably the way to go in the long run.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom