Struggling to find a wetsuit for a 6'6 Man 220 lbs. Tried Multiple Vendors

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Custom... Yep, 30 years ago I had to get a custom (SAS) suit (1/4" farmer john with step in jacket) just to do my open water dives.... guess the cost of it was part of the motivation to keep diving.

Replaced that one with a custom DUI drysuit, and then a custom Wetwear Wetsuit (7mm). The next one will be a JMJ....

I am trying to find a wetsuit that fits one of my students. His major issue is his height. The ankle to end of the suit looks like hes wearing high waters...

Measurements:

Height 6’6
Head 58
Neck 41
Chest 107
Waist 93
Hips 44
Neck to crotch 83
Neck to wrist 71
Crotch to angle 94

So far I have contacted Waterproof, Henderson, neosport, sherwood with no luck. Any thoughts?
I am 6'7" 240 lbs. The Henderson makes a suit that fits me fine I think it is a 2XLT. A lot of online shops don't have the complete sizing for the suits. here is a link to the Henderson Website size charts.

I was diving with Stuart Cove when he outfit Shaquille Oneal for his filming during "Shark Week" a few years ago. As I recall he had to have a few suits cut up and parts of fins glued to old sneakers.

I am 6'7" 240 lbs. The Henderson makes a suit that fits me fine I think it is a 2XLT. A lot of online shops don't have the complete sizing for the suits. here is a link to the Henderson Website size charts.
Problem is, there is no info on sleeve length or inseam. The waist is still 3" too big in my case too for my build... I've yet to find real talls in most clothing...

I'm 6'-7", 240#, 36" waist, 46" chest, 36" inseam, and 38" sleeve.

Those charts are basically useless....

Problem is, there is no info on sleeve length or inseam. The waist is still 3" too big in my case too for my build... I've yet to find real talls in most clothing...

I'm 6'-7", 240#, 36" waist, 46" chest, 36" inseam, and 38" sleeve.

Those charts are basically useless....
At the end of the day, off the rack, you need to try it on. My Thermoprene had plenty of length in the legs and arm even though they said it was for 6'4". It has been generally pretty forgiving. I am thinking about ditching my Fusion drysuit. I will probably go with a custom SeaSkin. I have heard good things about them.

one Henderson shop within 100 miles of me... certainly a good sizing chart would help...

If you only need a 3 mm suit, then presumably the water is reasonably warm.

If that is the case, then buying a suit that fits well but is a little short in the ankle and sleeves probably is not that big of a deal, although you do want to ensure that the suit is not too short in the torso or you will be whining in a very high pitched voice. Just find a suit that matches your weight and is close to your height - or spend a lot for a custom suit.

I’m 6’4” 235 lbs. and always had problems with high water OTR (off the rack) wetsuits. I needed a cheap suit just for shallow beach diving and also Socal Lobster Diving.
So I ordered a Pinnacle Cruiser one piece back zip in 2XL and it was long enough but way too tight. So I returned it and ordered a 3XL instead and the body sizing is good, a little tight in the arms and chest and the waist floats a little but it definitely is long enough, actually too long. But so far it’s the best OTR suit I’ve come across especially for the money. I use a 7mm suit and pull a hooded vest over it.
At 6’6” it sounds like the Pinnacle 3XL might be the ticket. It’s tailored for tall relatively slender body types.

😳

You are almost (I'm sh.t at math) twice my dimensions in both height and weight. I'd love a side by side photo 😂

With respect 🙇

You cannot rely solely on the sizing charts.

I'm 6'1" and 260-ish.

My ScubaPro suits are 2XL. My Bare are XL. My Waterproof W7 5mm suit is Large Plus.

Waterproof makes a 2XL Tall and a 3XL Tall Plus. I would be pretty surprised if they don't make a suit that will fit your student. But, you might not be able to tell that from just looking at a sizing chart. According to Waterproof's size chart, a 2XL should have fit me, but it was too big.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom