stupid question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great thanks everyone. I appreciate the responses. I think I will give the outside the hood a try first. If I don't like it I will try inside on the 2nd dive. Ron I also am going out in the morning with JDC. Never been out with them before so I am looking forward to it. Thanks again everyone!!

another thing. Since your going on a boat; I put my mask on when they set up and tell us to move to the platform. I don't want to be fubling with a hood. Tell us how it goes.

I won't be diving, but I'll be dropping tanks at JDC.

in the pnw we wear hoods on every dive, that being said putting a hood on is second nature.

I haven't seen anyone wear the strap on the inside of the hood. A trick i learned was pinch(i do it with dry gloves on) either left or right side right at the edge on the hood on the forehead area, put my finger under thats free and then run it back and forth to ensure my hood is over the skirt of my mask. then i put my fingers under the edge of my hood around my cheek area and run it along the edge up and down making sure the skirt of the mask is under my hood. Really simple once you have done it for awhile.

in the pnw we wear hoods on every dive, that being said putting a hood on is second nature.

I haven't seen anyone wear the strap on the inside of the hood. A trick i learned was pinch(i do it with dry gloves on) either left or right side right at the edge on the hood on the forehead area, put my finger under thats free and then run it back and forth to ensure my hood is over the skirt of my mask. then i put my fingers under the edge of my hood around my cheek area and run it along the edge up and down making sure the skirt of the mask is under my hood. Really simple once you have done it for awhile.

Yeah, they don't want to listen to us northern divers :shakehead:
There from FL, what do you expect, I can't believe there wearing a hood :rofl3:
Its 70 degrees!!!!

Hey, I'm with you guys! (except 70 is my threshold for a hood or beanie :D)

Yeah, they don't want to listen to us northern divers :shakehead:
There from FL, what do you expect, I can't believe there wearing a hood :rofl3:
Its 70 degrees!!!!

i know! the day i even touch 70 degree watter will be the day i piss myself (cant do that in a drysuit without pvalve)

I decided to go without the hood. It was a little cold but not to bad. Worst part was getting out of the water. Coldest my computer said was 66, but I would say an average of 69-70. Saw some great things on both dives. Got to see my first Goliath Grouper, A few Moray, one of them was huge, a nurse and Lemon shark. I also got to see my dive guide get a Lion fish. All in all 2 good dives. Now if I could just solve my sea sickness I will be OK. Thanks again for all the replies.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom