Stupid? Rinsing Idea...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Another vote for the DSS hose adapter . . . I've had mine for years.

...or like this

www.deepseasupply.com/index.php?product=1301

I own one and it works a treat.
The DSS one sucks and leaks water all over the place from the black connector to the on/off valve supplied. Sprays every which direction. I get less water on me by forcing it down the mouthpiece.

Instead take an old LP hose, cut the threaded end off and put a garden hose fitting onto it. Total cost of less than $4.00, and it won't leak.

Thanks for all your replies and suggestions. I thought of making one myself, but since I don't have an extra qd hose, it would probably cost as much as buying one of the several cool products mentioned in the replies. And I wanted to make sure a homemade one wouldn't hurt the BCD. I guess I could have bought a Zeagle BCD as well. Perhaps I'll write Sherwood and suggest they model after Zeagle. I see now why my google searches failed - I wasn't including the words 'Flush' or 'Wash Out'. Once you do that, the products start to show up. Thanks a bunch - now I just have to pick one. I knew someone had already thought this up, and I knew ScubaBoard would show me the way.

PeterC, have you talked to Tobin about your adapter? It sounds as though it's faulty. Certainly, ours doesn't leak from anywhere, and works very well.

PeterC, have you talked to Tobin about your adapter? It sounds as though it's faulty. Certainly, ours doesn't leak from anywhere, and works very well.
When placing an order in the past I had asked for a replacement. This is what I got, from an email correspondence.

"Peter,

I don't have a fix for you, tighten the flusher on to the yellow valve, and
depress the inflator button before you turn it on.

Some domestic water supplies are quite high, only so much you can do with
elastomeric materials.

Tobin"

If someone wants the piece of crap they can have it. I would have liked to try a replacement or my money back. They are cheap so it is one of the smaller scuba losses I have, but left a bad feeling in a company I used to promote.

There are other flushing tools that work better, and don't leak whether the inflator is depressed or not. To me spending a few dollars more for something of quality is worth it. Then again making it for next to nothing is even better.

Here is someones on Scubaboard. Look how easy it was to make, with one hose clamp.

83299d1286224829-diy-bc-flush-hose-img_1449.jpg

My advice... Unscrew the dump valve. Fill the wing partially with water. Rinse. Dump. Repeat as necessary.
You'll clean everything out without having to buy anything.

Here is someones on Scubaboard. Look how easy it was to make, with one hose clamp.

83299d1286224829-diy-bc-flush-hose-img_1449.jpg

Yay. New, actually useful, project recycling busted inflator hose. My dad will be so proud. Thanks.

The DSS one sucks and leaks water all over the place from the black connector to the on/off valve supplied. Sprays every which direction. I get less water on me by forcing it down the mouthpiece.

Instead take an old LP hose, cut the threaded end off and put a garden hose fitting onto it. Total cost of less than $4.00, and it won't leak.

Thats unfortunate that yours leaks I do not have that problem with mine, yes works a treat.

Back
Top Bottom