Subic tech diving advice?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

*Floater*

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm thinking of going to Subic for a few days. Several people have mentioned Johan's Adventure and Wreck Dive Center to me, so that's on top of my list right now - in fact, it's the only one I know there right now.

I'd prefer a dive operator that has reasonable prices, nitrox is a must, trimix would be nice too but it's not a requirement, twinsets, deco tanks and the usual tech diving accomodations. I have my own gear except for the tanks and weights. Also, I'd prefer deco tanks that are rigged the DIR way - or whatever style it's called more generally - with a little lease at the end for the bottom snap so that you can move the tank around a little bit.

I'm also looking for recommendations on where to stay - the cheaper the better as I want to spend my money on the diving. Any suggestions on how to get good deals or any other advice in general is welcome. Free shore dives would be nice as well if they are applicable in Subic because sometimes I like to just go out to shallow shore waters, and finish up my gas there while practicing my skills and drills.

Thanks in advance.

Done.

Dar Der Dir Dor Dur....lol

Johan's is cool. According to their website, they have accomodations from 700 pesos.

I've seen DIR people (WKPP, dress for success,...) rig their deco bottles with the little lease on the bottom snap, but I don't know if there's a specific name for that style. I presume the DIRsters don't have a unique claim to it. I've also used stages without the little lease, just boltsnaps at the neck of the bottle and another one attached with a metal ring further down the bottle. I found the former way easier to clip on and off, plus it made checking my SPG, which I prefer to clip to my left hip d-ring, a piece of cake, whereas checking it was nearly impossible without the little lease and necessitated clipping the SPG elsewhere. I'm not looking to do DIR dives right now - too expensive - I just like the way they rig their stages. Also, I have no clue what DIR DOR is...

Two ways to take DIR DOR:

1) A DOR for DIR divers (boring version)
2) Anilao diving with PG partying (fun version)

On topic: I prefer the leash version as well.

no use doing shore dives in subic unless your into the ash/dead corals scenery.. yep johans place dir w/ helium and interesting tech dives.. if posssible, do the kyo maru, best tek dive in subic..

caloy! ashtray of aquaV?! hehe..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom