submerged structures

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

captslomo

New
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I'm looking for clubs or individuals who specialize in diving flooded structures like old towns, buildings, bridges, etc. Extra credit if an ROV is often used!

Come to AZ and dive lake Pleasant. You can dive an old dam. History was there was a lake and they needed it to be bigger. So they built a new one down stream and when they were finished the old one had a notch sliced in it (in case the water level ever got that low) and it under. Last I checked the top of the old dam is at about 70' right now. 100' when the lake is full. River bed can reach about 260'

Come to AZ and dive lake Pleasant. You can dive an old dam. History was there was a lake and they needed it to be bigger. So they built a new one down stream and when they were finished the old one had a notch sliced in it (in case the water level ever got that low) and it under. Last I checked the top of the old dam is at about 70' right now. 100' when the lake is full. River bed can reach about 260'
There is one like that on the Feather River near Oroville CA. On my diving bucket list.

For the OP, I don't think any such organizations exist per se, but cave or wreck divers would be competent to work in those hazards. It's an overhead environment, possibly at altitude, with a collapse hazard.

You could also shoot up I44, past the big McDonalds on the turnpike, and hit Bonne de Terre mine. That's a big tourist trap of a flooded mine. And pretty close to you as well.

Groups might not be the best approach. Find places that fit the bill, and you'll find folks that dive them.

There's a whole city in India that's divable (or so I've heard) but there's a special permitting process. . . I'm afraid the name escapes me.

I know folks here in SC dive old cemetery in Lake Jocassee. But I have no idea if they are organized into some kind of a club or association. You can call Lake Jocassee Dive Shop for details.

Closer to you than Bonne Terre mine (which is a commercial op) is Table Rock Lake. The original bridge at Kimberling City on Table Rock Lake sits submerged, near the current bridge. I understand that it is a dark dive. Google to find videos of both Bonne Terre mine and the old Kimberling City bridge.

rx7diver

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom